Snowmobile Crash Wainwright

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My roommates knew one of the guys and girl riding.. Definitely sad to hear. Supposedly the girl was 15 weeks pregnant, not good.

BirdieO

Reaction score
The people involved in this tragedy were local to the area, experienced riders and great people, we met two of the three earlier this year and I can say that their smiles, warm hearts and passion for life will be missed by many. May they rest in peace and peace come to their families.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a real tragedy the Girl and her fiance were from Stettler. She was a great girl and will be missed by many as will they all RIP.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding at night............somewhat dangerous.
Riding at night with a box of beer strapped to your sled.............asking for trouble.
Very sad news for the snowmobiling community at a time we do not need anymore bad news. RIP.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very, Very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with all the parents of these kids. I hope I never have to go through this as my boys love to ride. So sad. God bless the families.

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read the story in the journal. Very Sad. My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends. Regardless the circumstance, loss of life is above everything else...

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very Very sad indeed, sorry to hear.

Out of curiousity, Anyone seen the embankment? Wondering why a 20ft embankment overlooking the highway was fenceless????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very Very sad indeed, sorry to hear.

Out of curiousity, Anyone seen the embankment? Wondering why a 20ft embankment overlooking the highway was fenceless????

That's a good question. Highway banks are not allowed to be sharp drops. They can be very steep grades but that's it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that area its heading east on Hwy 41 from Wainwright approx. 26 kms on the south side of the hwy, then a secondary highway going south to Edgerton which is Sec. Hwy 894 it is a steep drop off right on to the sec. hwy. If it is that strecth which I will almost guarantee it is. It is a farmers grain field, no fences there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. Highway banks are not allowed to be sharp drops. They can be very steep grades but that's it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

back slopes are generally steep 2:1 slope. with any speed at all you'll be airborne. 15mph your flying into the great big beyond. at night, i'm sure you wouldn't have much of a chance.

Top Bottom