Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kamloops/Chetwynd, British Columbia, Canada
Its worth its weight in Gold

allan tree 3.jpg 041.jpg 036.jpg

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both the Snobunje Cobra and Rattler are awesome. I always have them in my tunnel bag - the one with the D-handle has saved my back many times over, and offers the mechanical advantage of two or three people. I usually ride with only one or two other people at the max - maybe only 2 rides a year it is with a larger group.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitly worth their weight in gold.

anyone modify the cobra so they can set up a pull handle and a more sold attachment point?

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I use a strap placed in one of the track windows as far as I can reach on the high side of the track.....pulls waaaay easy for getting off the deck/trailer. I also built a similar device to the snow bungie but used tape webbing and carabiners......that is the only way to do it if you have room for two sleds.....and towing is a dream.

Works good for changing a belt also

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I have the rattler model.
The only time we tried to use it was to pull out a Nytro. It was stuck on an incline of about 5 - 10 degrees. I'm not kidding.
We had 2 bungies on the front skis. That Nytro never budged. Seriously. We have it on video somewhere on my puter.
Maybe I'll have to give it another try.

braap braap58

Reaction score
they aren't made for straight up pulling, just an assist to take weight off of the sled in the direction you want to go, or to persuade a sled a certain way if stuck. I want to hear used properly it will displace 300 pounds off the sled

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the one with the d handle and i actually never found it that useful. i found i got just as much pull force when i pulled on the ski with my hands. I plan on trying it again, but for the most part i find a well laid plan for getting unstuck is always the best way out.

Im a fairly strong guy so i always end up maxing out the bungie when i pull it. I wish they made one that had a bit more tension.

My next mountain trip i will bring it along, if it dont work for me, ill sell it cheap.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are your timing is off with the throttle Vs Pull. My Dad is a big guy who maxes it out as well, and the sled always pops right out.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a month old thread, but I saw this thing in action this weekend as we pulled my 1980 Yamaha 340 enticer out of a steep ravine......it has a 1/2 inch track, was pretty much buried and was in a spot that I thought we'd need to tow it out of with my truck.

It pulled that sled out like nobody's business.....its a buy for me.....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used on a while back and liked it enough I bought one also.
this is a month old thread, but I saw this thing in action this weekend as we pulled my 1980 Yamaha 340 enticer out of a steep ravine......it has a 1/2 inch track, was pretty much buried and was in a spot that I thought we'd need to tow it out of with my truck.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I have the rattler model.
The only time we tried to use it was to pull out a Nytro. It was stuck on an incline of about 5 - 10 degrees. I'm not kidding.
We had 2 bungies on the front skis. That Nytro never budged. Seriously. We have it on video somewhere on my puter.
Maybe I'll have to give it another try.

You must be doing something wrong because I got an m1100t and there the same weight and we have never had problem getting the thing out. They also work great for towing down the trail. Keeps you from getting whiplash when the dead sled starts jerking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They even work when you only have one person. rope and a tree I had an intresting ride on sunday. love it when the group gets split up within 1/2km away.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A month old? You'd have to be dyslexic to think October 21st, 2007 looked to be from a month ago. Oh wait a minute, I'm sorry!

Read the date on post #1. LMAO!

Last edited:
Top Bottom