Sno X or Hill X. . . . ??

Cartel

Reaction score
I posted in another part of this forum, but with little response, so sorry for the duplicate. Does anyone know of any sno x or hill x events that are held in Alberta? I have looked all over the web and can't seem to come up with anything at all, am I missing something?
Is there any reason why there is none of these types of races?
Also Would there be enough interest to start up some races if there isn't anything already?
I am sure that with all the guys on here with mountain sleds we could get a real good turn out for some Hill X!! I am sure we could rent out part of Rabbit Hill to host a Hill X race, which would have many benifits like guaranteed snow since they make it artificially, big parking lot for all the trucks and trailers and they also have a groomer to create the course.
I'm just throwing it would there to see what kind of response this gets, I think it could be done with the help of this web site and a few sponsors
What do you think?
Throw out your thoughts and ideas, I could use some other peoples opinions!!

Thnx Mike

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of response on your other thread,I have not heard of any such events in Alberta but if they were happining we would know about it,or at least want to know about it.If not participating I would definatly be there to check it out.As for organizing such an event Insurance would likely make it impossible but hey,lets see what stirs up in this thread.Bump it in a couple days if you get no more responses but I bet you do!
catmando!

Cartel

Reaction score
Well the insurance I should be able to handle it..... since I am involved in the industry.
I hope that I get some good response because I would love to get involved in some sled racing, and as for tha lack of response I figured it was in a area not visted often thats all.
With the way rabbit hill is set you would have a perfect spot on the run called Bay street. I will see if I can get some pic's posted so show those who have never been there what mean

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very Cool,lots of guys on here into racing so should be interesting,never been to rabbit hill but would like to see the pics to get a better idea what your thinking,Is it steep enough for uphill drags?
catmando!

Cartel

Reaction score
Here is a crude diagram with a possible place to hold the race depicted in red. Along with the other reasons for having it at Rabbit Hill they also have a consession on site, bathrooms, and lift access allowing people to choose to watch from the top or bottom.. .
I think that if you set up the Hill X like they did on the Winter X Games with a few jumps on the way up it would be the right amout of incline, it would allow for reasonable jumps and also still alows it to be fast enough to keep the racing exciteing, I dunno what do you guys think?

Attachments

• rabbithill copy.jpg
    rabbithill copy.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 157

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you could get that going it would be an awsome event. The hill is perfect for that. Even if it wasn't hill-X. Just do like up hill drags. I'm sure there would be many people on here willing to participate.

Cartel

Reaction score
Well its even wide enough that you could have both type of races set up.
I was lookin on their site and they have a contact number for renting out the whole hill, so if I get more response I will check into that.
Is there any way to set up a poll on this forum? That way you could see where the interest lies and what direction to take. I know you can set up polls on others I just don't see where to if you can on this one.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
raced snocross in winnipeg and wish we had something out here. hillcross would be awesome i would even by a short track to race some cross country.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a great event to go to, as well as participate in!:d

Cartel

Reaction score
I think everyone should say what kind of event they are most interested in.
Hill X
or
Sno X

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
There was thought of one a year or two back in Fort Saskatchewan and we (Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels) were going to host it but there wasn't enough snow and it never materialized. It was some big organization. Mabie they will approach us again.

Cartel

Reaction score
Thats one of the reasons that I thought Rabbit Hill would be a great place, we wouldn't have to worry about a bunch of planning going to waste because of no snow.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be in for a hill or snow cross,as long as there is a 40 and over class.:)

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Have been looking for any information on Hill X or straight up hillclimb races in Alberta or Northwest BC everywhere and it sure is a black hole, just reviewing some emails and the last minutes sent out from the Swan City Snowmobile Club in Grande Prairie has the following info:

Ht SWAN CITY SNOWMOBILE CLUB MEETING
Dec. 16, 2008

"The committee for the Hill Cross has met twice this last month. They are now waiting to hear back from Nite Hawk as to whether we can have the Hill Cross the same day as their Slush Cup or a different day. The committee will have more info in Jan."

Nite Hawk is the local ski hill, leads me to believe their will be an an event this year. Lets keep this thread alive! If they build it we will come...

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys keep posting info and let us all know if you can make it happen me and a bunch of my buddies would be interested for sure in the hill cross

Hyperflow

Reaction score
raced snocross in winnipeg and wish we had something out here. hillcross would be awesome i would even by a short track to race some cross country.
sno x coming to Ardmore Ab. 20km east of bonnyville Ab. preregister at . Please join us for a weekend of racing.Looking at doing a yearly event if good turnout

Top Bottom