Small fitting avalanche pack

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son who is 11 is riding with us more and more. He's 5' 100 lbs. what is a small fitting air bag? Are there youth models?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find one that fits my small frame yet. I wear the smallest Snowpulse bag. BCA bags fit a bit shorter in the torso, but not as comfy. If he carries it empty it might be OK for him.

roughriders

Reaction score
abs freeride is the smallest fitting pack i've seen, and probly the lightest. got a used one for sale if someones interested

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to check out WARY's avalanche vest. They are available in different sizes, offer chest and shoulder protection too. My wife wears the Snowpulse avy vest, and finds it far more comfortable then a backpack. I like the fact that it has body armor built in, so serves two functions. (I wear a tekvest with my snowpulse highmark 22 pack)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
abs freeride is the smallest fitting pack i've seen, and probly the lightest. got a used one for sale if someones interested

X2, the abs free ride is really small in all dimensions..

correction... Looks like they call it powder steel now. Same bag.

Last edited:

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BCA makes a small one. With any bag be sure the leg straps are done up, otherwise the back can get ripped off your body in the event of a slide.

Top Bottom