Sled work, shop recommendations in Sicamous?

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, just looking for some recommendations for a good shop to do a piston swap on my 2013 rmk pro, I called macs/extreme and spoke with Trevor and then called powder lites and spoke with Dave. I am not from there but will be there most of the winter along with a few others and would appreciate any advice on local shops or recommendations. Thx in advance!

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also backus Racing the polaris dealer 10 minutes south of town

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, just looking for some recommendations for a good shop to do a piston swap on my 2013 rmk pro, I called macs/extreme and spoke with Trevor and then called powder lites and spoke with Dave. I am not from there but will be there most of the winter along with a few others and would appreciate any advice on local shops or recommendations. Thx in advance![/QUOTE

Trevor is good. He is a Polaris guy. Bacus I hear has a good rep.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Jason from extreme is also good

Serg from town does his own thing, is also good

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backus are a bunch of dicks and will suck you dry of every penny you have

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well last year before new years, Backus was the cheapest place in b.c and Alberta by at least a hundred bucks for a avy vest....

So that kills ur rant kind of... They could be d!cks, dunno don't own a po po

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they can afford to they get there money back when you put your sled in their shop

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they can afford to they get there money back when you put your sled in their shop
Guess mabe so

I had a buddy a few years back from rocky Mountain house , get his boosted dragon work done there

Long drive for d!cks eh....

rydemx

Reaction score
100% agree about backus being dicks and sucking you dry !!! Good to see the Alberta boys figuring that out ! Bought a pro rmk there a few years back.... And I now own a cat and wil never step foot in there scum bag shop again . They rely huge on the Alberta guys because most of us locals know how they operate ! Trever at macs machine is a great guy and super honest . Does excellent work and is very knowledgable .

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments and advice, it's greatly appreciated. I have heard Trevor was very reputable and I think I will give him a call today. Thanks again all

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Trevor even doing anything anymore ?? Cause extreme is in his shop, and also the retail store

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Trevor even doing anything anymore ?? Cause extreme is in his shop, and also the retail store
That was a question that I had as well but spoke with him personally yesterday, I'm not quite sure what the deal is with Extreme? I had heard that Macs was bought out by them and that he was now operating under their banner? Again just hear say so take it for what it is.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a question that I had as well but spoke with him personally yesterday, I'm not quite sure what the deal is with Extreme? I had heard that Macs was bought out by them and that he was now operating under their banner? Again just hear say so take it for what it is.
I heard he just rented them shop space last year. Noticed extreme sign was gonebfrom his driveway last spring.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mabe just for last winter till he got the retail store ready

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I stand corrected, I was told last year that Extreme bought Macks machines and spoke with them today and found out that that is not the case, they did rent the shop last year and they are both in their own shops now and are 2 completely different businesses. Thanks again to all those that sent messages and gave advice.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, never heard he was back

Mabe just took a year off to regenerate

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was allways there still, just rented space to the other guy and it didn't work out apparently. Trevor is stand up guy and does great work.I would choose him first for sled work.

Top Bottom