Sled trailers - which one to buy??

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this same debate last year and went a bit of a different route in the end, and glad I did. I looked at all of the aluminum sled trailers and at the end of the the day decided that for the money a Triton is the best buy, only problem is I wanted something a bit bigger and I wanted some place I could store stuff, yes I know they make a 16 ft, but for that price i would buy an enclosed.

In the end I picked up a 16 ft square front sled trailer from SWS in Westlock for the same price as the 14 FT Triton at Martin Equip. The SWS has tandem axles and electric brakes, I pull it with my f-150 like nothing. I was able to build a 2ft x 2ft x 8ft box in the front (so I still have 14ft of Trailer) to house my tools tarps, clamps, coolers, Jerry Cans ETC and it locks. As for hauling sleds I am still able to haul 3 162 inch sleds either driving all three on forwards( hanging over 2 ft) or backing the third sled on (only ski tips over). For summer time you can pack 4 reasonable sized quads on this trailer or pull my quad and trailer on without un hooking, you cant do this on the V nose 12ft triton.

Anyway just another option, will I have to paint it in a few years, yes. But I love having the room to pack a third sled, because this year I needed it!!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a triton 10' for a lot of years haul sleds and quads but i wish i spent a little more and bought a 12' drive on and off its been a great trailer and so light pulls real well the deck looking a little rough now

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input on trailers guys. Picked up the one that Maxwell posted above. Have a great weekend guys !!

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Cancel that, found Martin Motorsports in Edmonton. Called them up and yep, $1599 for a 10ft, $1799 for a 12ft. Martin's only sell them with 15" tires too. Thanks for the info Posnick! I'm almost certainly gonna go with the Triton now.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Anyone had any issues with the trailer being too steep to load a sled on when there are 15" tires under it? Apparently that's why the Newmans are built with 13" tires. Otherwise the sled won't stay in place or something.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with my Triton and have used it a few times now. I don't seem to have any problems loading and the sleds seem to stay in place so far for me. I think super clamps would be a great upgrade, I really don't like messing with the bolts that go through the ski tie down bars, but all trailers are like that and have the same bolts.

Good luck !

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He must be trying to push a sale. I can't say I find it difficult to load on my triton trailer with 15" wheels. You'll find it pulls nicer with larger wheels too.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cancel that, found Martin Motorsports in Edmonton. Called them up and yep, $1599 for a 10ft, $1799 for a 12ft. Martin's only sell them with 15" tires too. Thanks for the info Posnick! I'm almost certainly gonna go with the Triton now.

If you want to save yourself a drive you might want to give Bowridge Sports in Cochrane a call. They sell Triton as well. Call Byron at 932-2019. He's a good guy.

Top Bottom