Sled Retrieval from Mt. Gerald Avalanche(Hope Creek)

Gebhardt92

Reaction score
Hello fellow snowmobilers and friends.

This post is regarding the avalanche that happend Feb.19 on Mt. Gerald in Hope Creek.

I was hoping to see if anyone has recently been to this riding area since, as to know the snow conditions, and if any of the sleds are visible as all four are still up there and have not been retrieved. Also if any personal affects, belongings, were above the snow or found we'd greatly appreciate being notified and possibly brought back to us.

The snow conditions and weather are important to find out if we are to hire a helicopter service to go in and get these sleds, so any information available is helpful.

Also, as being owners of two of the sleds up there, only one will be covered by insurance to be lifted out, whereas the other did not have the correct type covering it, and so it is alot harder for us to get it.

We are so appreciative of everyone who has already helped and done so much for us and don't want to put out anyone at any means, but if there is anyone who would be interested in helping, possibly being apart of the ground crew in digging them out we would be so greatful, but again, we do not want anyone to be put out of their element.

If interested we would be happy to take names and numbers, can be contacted through snowandmud , Gebhardt92 account or APG account, or email at gebba@xplornet.com - attn. of Brenda or Melissa Gebhardt.

Thank you everyone for you time and patience,
Melissa Gebhardt.
(Gebhardt92)

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck on the retrieval..

just curious.. but is everyone ok from the avalanche?? this is the first i have heard of it.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow snowmobilers and friends.

This post is regarding the avalanche that happend Feb.19 on Mt. Gerald in Hope Creek.

I was hoping to see if anyone has recently been to this riding area since, as to know the snow conditions, and if any of the sleds are visible as all four are still up there and have not been retrieved. Also if any personal affects, belongings, were above the snow or found we'd greatly appreciate being notified and possibly brought back to us.

The snow conditions and weather are important to find out if we are to hire a helicopter service to go in and get these sleds, so any information available is helpful.

Also, as being owners of two of the sleds up there, only one will be covered by insurance to be lifted out, whereas the other did not have the correct type covering it, and so it is alot harder for us to get it.

We are so appreciative of everyone who has already helped and done so much for us and don't want to put out anyone at any means, but if there is anyone who would be interested in helping, possibly being apart of the ground crew in digging them out we would be so greatful, but again, we do not want anyone to be put out of their element.

If interested we would be happy to take names and numbers, can be contacted through snowandmud , Gebhardt92 account or APG account, or email at gebba@xplornet.com - attn. of Brenda or Melissa Gebhardt.

Thank you everyone for you time and patience,
Melissa Gebhardt.
(Gebhardt92)

Pm'd ya.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just pick a sunny day and lets go get them out. All we need is good vis and about 20 sledders with good shovels. I will be there, Norbert and Andy were good buds and we need to get together and help the families out.

2009fish03@gmail.com

Rene

I was talkin to Shankster before he left for work and offered to help out when the time comes. Drop me a pm Rene I'd be more than happy to help get them out.:beer::d

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on a date. I'll do my best to be there.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im so sorry to hear. :aim_sorry:

thoughts and prayers for the families involved... wish i lived in the closer so i could help out.

Gebhardt92

Reaction score
We need a date and then we will get a better response. RS

So the newest update i can give everyone is that we've been in contact with Rene and are pretty much putting him in charge of the retrieval where as we won't be as informative as he will be because we are unable to physically get to where the sleds are.

i will still take names and numbers and can forward them on to him, or feel free to message him at the above account. Thanks everyone!! all the support and help means the world.:)

Shankster

Reaction score
Hello there Snow and Mud'ers! The time has come and we are going to go rescue the sleds from Hope creek On Thursday May 5. The plan is to meet at 7 am at the Husky in Golden and leave from there! So far I believe we have all equipment neccessary for the retrieval...except for extra shovels and people to run them! Also we will be staying at the Golden Rim in Golden, and coming in on Wenesday night. With this in mind, Media and situation bashers are Not welcome!:nono: Anyone that wants to be a help is appreciated!!:) Thank's in advance!! JJ

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello there Snow and Mud'ers! The time has come and we are going to go rescue the sleds from Hope creek On Thursday May 5. The plan is to meet at 7 am at the Husky in Golden and leave from there! So far I believe we have all equipment neccessary for the retrieval...except for extra shovels and people to run them! Also we will be staying at the Golden Rim in Golden, and coming in on Wenesday night. With this in mind, Media and situation bashers are Not welcome!:nono: Anyone that wants to be a help is appreciated!!:) Thank's in advance!! JJ

Right on I heard the Capt was going and some yahoo named Appleton, who's bringin his buddy some Mexican dude Patron, I don't know I hope they can keep their chit together. I've never seen it personally but I've heard some bad stories anytime all these guys get together.:d

Shankster

Reaction score
Right on I heard the Capt was going and some yahoo named Appleton, who's bringin his buddy some Mexican dude Patron, I don't know I hope they can keep their chit together. I've never seen it personally but I've heard some bad stories anytime all these guys get together.:d

Yea just never know! Could be a full out party at the ole Golden Rim!! Last time I was there I deep fried a turkey right in the parking lot!! Good times!!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to getting together with a bunch of great peeps I don't see nearly enough. Kinda scared though going for a hernia op in a month, not so much worried about the shoveling. Main concern will be not splitting my gut laughin or pizz myself. Note to self, Self and I knew it was me cause I recognised the voice don't forget to pickup some Depends. To all involved thank you for your efforts.:)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what the xp caused a hernia.............:d

had to get one in there

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking forward to this trip...I guess I may as well come out Wednesday night as well!...Its been a while since we all rode together...should be good...maybe silent pass and silver mines..after we get the sleds out?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what the xp caused a hernia.............:d

had to get one in there

Haha Knew you would be lurkin. No think I started it last summer throwin the Yammi genset up on the deck of the truck(sled deck).

Thank fawk I'm not ridin my old RT rev I would have had to go for the op right away.My buffalo's tamed pretty good not to much bucking anymore less I want it to of course.:beer::d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking forward to this trip...I guess I may as well come out Wednesday night as well!...Its been a while since we all rode together...should be good...maybe silent pass and silver mines..after we get the sleds out?

I'm getting worried you were in Iraq no drinkin there ohoh.:beer::d

Top Bottom