sled dieing while climbing

grimrock

Reaction score
hi i have a 08 rmk 600 iq ho and last year while climbing in the moutains after i would get so far it would just die :(
i didnt really check it out was having such a blast being the first time out there
any way when i climb it runs great then will just die i am curious if any one has had any simler problems
when its about to die i turn out an sometimes will stay running if i let off quick but if it dies on my way down if i pull it, it usually takes 1-2 pulls an fires up?:confused:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your fuel pickup line in your tank I had it come off and similar thing was happening

grimrock

Reaction score
i was also thinking maybe carb problem i was talking to my buddy ryan valencourt an he says sounds like the floats need to be set an when im climbing it closing? :s

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be a partially plugged fuel filter so the sled is starving for fuel when you have it pinned for a long time when climbing. Or it could be a weak fuel pump too.

grimrock

Reaction score
ya going to check the fuel filter an pump tomorow
just picked up a atacc system today to :D

champyfz450

Reaction score
ya going to check the fuel filter an pump tomorow
just picked up a atacc system today to :D

I noticed you have vf3 reeds in the engine. Depending on when you bought them Vforce has an update (spacer kit) for their reeds in this engine. There was not enough clearance in the intake and the reeds were blocking the impulse line port causing the sled to starve on prolonged WOT pulls. My sled was doing the exact same thing last year, installed the spacers over the summer, sled runs perfect now! Call Vforce, the spacer kit is free 603-298-6646. Good luck

Top Bottom