Slave lake riding

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm spending the long weekend here, are there any dirt bike friendly trails, riding areas or even tracks close to town? I want to bring my daughters bike up. Thanks Shawn

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rally last year was staged at the "Motocross parking lot (just south of town on the old dump road)" and there seemed to be quite a bit of riding west of there.

There also seems to be tons of trails south of town off HWY 2. If you're headed up HWY 2 on your way to Slave Lake, you'll see lots of trails. ...all looks like crown land to me and I'm eager to explore around there next time I'm in the area.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks

At the junction of hwy #2 and #88, turn LEFT, SOUTH, (old dump rd), real name Holmes Trail. Drive South, you should see the Motocross Parking Lot. There is also the Grizzly Ridge Ski Club Area, If you go far enough south you will see Floida Lake and South of there +- 4 kms is a TOWER.

K B4 Y G, Bruce.

Last edited:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea talked to the guy that runs the track. Said there is a staging area right there to take off quadding as well

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea talked to the guy that runs the track. Said there is a staging area right there to take off quadding as well

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
next time your in the area with your bike... pm me there is a great spot in High Prairie called "jack pines" great for dirt bikes a little boaring for quads... all sand and gravel pits

Top Bottom