Slave Lake Fires

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I've heard that not even $0.25 of every $1 donated through Telus gets to where it was intended......

Just hearsay but I personally will be donating to actual families not corporations like Telus or Red Cross.....

And to anyone in the High Level area wanting to donate can go to grimshaw trucking or PM me as my sister in law will be taking things to her family and other peeps in need from SL.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

TELUS sends ALL monies raised Directly to the Red Cross...please reveal where you heard this...not a nice rumor to start during these hard times.:nono:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Here are some photo's from Spruce Grove This Afternoon!

Attachments

• may17-1.jpg
    may17-1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 259
  • may17-2.jpg
    may17-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 270
  • may17-3.jpg
    may17-3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 261
  • may17-4.jpg
    may17-4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 259
  • may17-5.jpg
    may17-5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 271
  • may17-6.jpg
    may17-6.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 261

Polaris500Sportsman

Reaction score
There is gonna be a enlcosed trailer setup at Wal-Mart in Lloydminster from 6-9pm. Collecting- pillows, medical supplies etc. Look for the Auburn ATV/Snowmobile Rentals trailer. Call 780-872-0750 for more info

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
===== QUOTE mudd kitty ====

I've heard that not even $0.25 of every $1 donated through Telus gets to where it was intended......

Just hearsay but I personally will be donating to actual families not corporations like Telus or Red Cross.....

And to anyone in the High Level area wanting to donate can go to grimshaw trucking or PM me as my sister in law will be taking things to her family and other peeps in need from SL.

===== /QUOTE ====

TELUS sends ALL monies raised Directly to the Red Cross...please reveal where you heard this...not a nice rumor to start during these hard times.:nono:

It might not be a nice one no rumors usually aren't. But its also good to know that when u r donating its getting to the right place. It was on FB a friend had this same thing posted.

And as stated it was only hearsay but a heads up too peeps to make sure their money gets to the right place. Not a good thing to be donating to scams or large corps that pocket most the funds and only send a percentage to the peeps that need it!!

As well confirmed a time of 330 at Grimshaw Trucking here in High Level tomorrow for anyone in this area sending out donations :).

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From all of us at spindrift we offer our thoughts and prayers to all people involved. It's such an imaginable thing that has happened.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been SO proud to be a member of Snow and Mud.

This horrible fire has affected many, and at least two of our own. To see you all banding together and doing your best to help everyone in need really warms my heart. Combing your closets, working after
Your real jobs, encouraging others to do the same, driving supplies, offering assistance to anyone who needs it, you guys rock. You all are an inspiration. And you should be very proud of yourselves and each other.

Ryan, I am so so sorry. I would like to help in any way I can, but I was hoping I could put a little something together for your kids. If you feel comfortable posting their ages and sizes (boy or girl too lol) on here so I could get some clothes and a few other things for them, if not, please PM me. Also, if you need anything else, please let me know. I will do anything I can for you. Again, I am so sorry, but very thankful that you made it out safe and sound.

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
Just came from Spruce Grove donation drop off location.

Here is a list of some of the items that had not been donated, or at least not many of them.

Baby food
Bug spray
sun screen
nail clippers
Brushes and combs

More food is also needed
dried fruit
canned goods
non perishable items.

2 Trailers loaded up and truckin', one for Westlock and the other for Athabasca!

Jasons

Reaction score
Fellow s&m members! There is also a donation collected at zender ford in the showroom for toiletries of all kinds, socks, mens/womans/kids undergarments,soap,shampoo,toothbrushes,razors, etc.
I've personally donated cash and the above...this is not a contest, whatever you can do is substantial to someone with nothing! There are many people in the lesser slave region without! Also there is alot going on in the rest of the
Province regarding wildfires! Everyone needs assistance!
I have a couple acres to offer for people with a trailer. I would be willing to provide power and water and whatever else I could do!
780-819-4512

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Arff's trailer just got unloaded in Westlock.Mostly kids toys!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
just got home... the semi headed out full around 6:30 and by 7:30 we had anothe 24' 3/4 full....

good deal people...:d:d

94fordguy

So sorry to hear the bad news. Prayers and best wishes for all those involved.:(

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
just got home... the semi headed out full around 6:30 and by 7:30 we had anothe 24' 3/4 full....

good deal people...:d:d
That FULL 53foot trailer was back empty at 9:00!!!!!!!!!
The people of Westlock need a medal.
Driver said they swarmed the trailer and unloaded it real fast like!

Top Bottom