Slave Lake Fires

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Fire burnin

We have had a few rigsites evacuated around Slave and Fox Creek. Maybe its just me, but it seems a little early for fires.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score

my brother lives in slave lake and he is in Rocky this weekend, he is in a panic cause his buddy called him and asked if there is anything he needs out of his house cause it might not be there long:eek:

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buddys wife went to go help with the hospital and home care evac last night and now shes stuck in Slave. No one in, no one out, fire has blocked the roads. Not good.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good. Has been busy in our area also.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant beleive this!!!

I cant beleive the news!!!!

My home town of Slave lake is on fire and there isnt hardly anything on the news. Just got a call from my family and there sitting on the airstrip watching the town burn to the ground. Theres hundreds of people on the airstrip at the walmart and canadian tire parking lot and baseball diamonds. all highways in and out of town are closed. and there isnt hardly anything on the news! hundreds of homes have burned, hospital, rcmp, town hall and many other buildings have burned and its totally out of control.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: i cant beleive this!!!

That sucks man! I cant even begin to comprehend how that feels.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on the news all day as well I knew something big was burning because we have been smoked out like crazy. Highways are all closed and people can only go to large parking lots the airstrip or beach. They are all stuck there to watch their homes and lives burn!!! This is crazy!!

Its also my sister in laws home town!! She is freaking out cause she can't get ahold of her family!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Brock_Landers

Reaction score

I'm heading over there in day or two when i get out of camp to help. All of our available machines are working the slave lake fire and a bunch of ther fires around alberta. This wind needs to go away if there is any hope of gaining control of them.

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is horrible. Are you getting the high winds up there that we have been getting? Can't imagine what a fire would be like in these kinds of winds.

Dynamic

Reaction score

I work near at slave, most of the people I work with will have lost everything.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just talked to my dad and half the town is gone. and houses in widewater, mitsue and outskirts are dropping like flies too. I feel helpless. they cant leave town if they wanted too. the people are pinned down.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had fawkin crazy winds all day.... For the last few days actually. I can't imagine what they are going through in SL!!! I only hope we get rain!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm heading over there in day or two when i get out of camp to help. All of our available machines are working the slave lake fire and a bunch of ther fires around alberta. This wind needs to go away if there is any hope of gaining control of them.

thats what we need is a good pilot.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been keeping tabs on the news all day as well I knew something big was burning because we have been smoked out like crazy. Highways are all closed and people can only go to large parking lots the airstrip or beach. They are all stuck there to watch their homes and lives burn!!! This is crazy!!

Its also my sister in laws home town!! She is freaking out cause she can't get ahold of her family!!

most of the cell towers are burnt and theres no power in town at all. my dad called me with his company sat phone.

Top Bottom