IMG00293.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 217

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Global News has some surreal ariel shot videos from there chopper.

Thanks to all the people that have spent there time collecting donations and running them out to the people in need. To many to be named but you all know who you are.

tapex

Reaction score
And I see SLY is on here looking tonight as well. Steve and Trevor were here for you.

Sorry rk. that wasn't sly it was me. Sly must not have logged out. It has been a rough couple of days. Still dont know too much of what is going to happen. We have heard that dads house is still standing but the shop is gone for sure. Have seen plenty of shots of that! I was able to figure out some snap shots of where I lived and can verify that there is nothing left other than the shell of my wifes vehicle that was parked in the garage:(. Feels very wierd and creepy to say that I am currently homeless and jobless when life was so comfortable just a few days ago. Still trying to keep a positive attitude and hope/ look forward to any positive that may come from this tragedy. We were able to stay with one of my sisters old co-workers for as long as we wanted in westlock, but decided to come to my sisters place instead. We staying here until we know more. The help from people is amazing, it brings tears to all of us to see how willing people are to help. Thanks to everyone for all the support in these tough times.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sorry rk. that wasn't sly it was me. Sly must not have logged out. It has been a rough couple of days. Still dont know too much of what is going to happen. We have heard that dads house is still standing but the shop is gone for sure. Have seen plenty of shots of that! I was able to figure out some snap shots of where I lived and can verify that there is nothing left other than the shell of my wifes vehicle that was parked in the garage:(. Feels very wierd and creepy to say that I am currently homeless and jobless when life was so comfortable just a few days ago. Still trying to keep a positive attitude and hope/ look forward to any positive that may come from this tragedy. We were able to stay with one of my sisters old co-workers for as long as we wanted in westlock, but decided to come to my sisters place instead. We staying here until we know more. The help from people is amazing, it brings tears to all of us to see how willing people are to help. Thanks to everyone for all the support in these tough times.

Thanks for the response, if your in need of anything at all let us know here. The people here have been just amazing what they have done in the last few days. Theres several members here that im sure you know who they are that have lost there houses as well. Glad everyone is ok.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This gives me serious goosebumps. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry for all that you're going through! Stay strong and never forget how many people are truly here for you. Snow and Mud coming together like this is so amazing and it makes me damn proud to be a member!!!

Just an FYI side note, for you & your family or ANYONE else out there in need of a place to stay for a while... My boyfriends family is willing to lend out their trailer (15 feet) on their property for a while... It is in Sherwood Park on an acreage. If you need more info, PM me.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Global News has some surreal ariel shot videos from there chopper.

Thanks to all the people that have spent there time collecting donations and running them out to the people in need. To many to be named but you all know who you are.

its amazing to see the path it took... one house has vanished and the neighbour is still standing....

Here's a recent youtube video

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5m6OErRXpA&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

as tragic as this is, those still shots in the video are pretty remarkable... the sheer force of wild fires is undeniable

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from badss (Ray & Wife) or his son Cattails from this site. He's from Slave Lake as well. He's a great person, and I hope he and his family are alright. :(

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from badss (Ray & Wife) or his son Cattails from this site. He's from Slave Lake as well. He's a great person, and I hope he and his family are alright. :(

i left him a pm 2 days ago and he still hasnt returned it so iam thinking he is really busy right now because of the fire and hoping everything is ok :)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
That FULL 53foot trailer was back empty at 9:00!!!!!!!!!
The people of Westlock need a medal.
Driver said they swarmed the trailer and unloaded it real fast like!

Three 28 foot sled trailers and this semi!! Unreal. They really want food now!! Nice job guys!! So awesome the size of peoples hearts. Good to see Ryano and family yesterday too!!

Attachments

• P5160678.jpg
    P5160678.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 248
  • P5170680.jpg
    P5170680.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 249

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Lots of money donations collected last night and an amazing about of bags of clothes/diapers/food/toiletries etc..... Great job last night guys you did awesome!

Attachments

• PICTURES 096.jpg
    PICTURES 096.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 247

john deere

Reaction score
Its really good, the support from the folks in the area and also this site ..good on ya ..All the way from leanding of trailers,trucks,and time -effort.... Mike is heading up to Athabasca in a little bit with another load of food. I unloaded up there last nite,the people are camped out in tents -RVs.-on the floor...kids running -playing hockey-soccer-all over the agriplex grounds ...Good to see... lots of help unloading from the people ...The head organizer asked for specfics of "food ,socks, underwear, food,more food ,water ,...They are making care packages for people who have been put up by hotels ,,other people with spare rooms. patch of grass for a tent,or trailer...So that they will have the basics...tooth brush .paste.etc....So if anyone wants to help thats what we are trying to accomplish today .So at 6;00pm tonite i can haul another load of food up to athabasca... THANKS.... The athabasca site is on the the end of the you tube video from rknight

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just spoke to Mike270412 he is on his way to Athabasca right now. They are OUT OF FOOD at the shelter there. So for those donating today & tonight, we need lots of food!

Top Bottom