Slave Lake Fires

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about everything that has happened up there. I know I'm in the southeastern part of Sask, but it sure makes me feel good that there is a community online like this one that can team together and make a huge difference. Hats off to all that have helped and donated.

Now i have another question. I keep hearing on the news of how bad it is. I know it is bad, but is it that bad that they are saying that it could be weeks, yes weeks, until they are gonna let people back into the town? I myself as a homeowner would go into a mental depression not being able to know if my home was destroyed or damaged for weeks.

Again, hats off to you all!!!

Yes, Ive heard that to. The news is saying that ammunition from people is going off from the heat. Not safe having bullets blasting off randomly.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALMOST everything.... unfortunately some people use this as an excuse to unload thier crap, people without homes don't need a ripped leather couch, an ugly old glass wall clock or an ironing board... they need food, water, deoderant, diapers, blankets, clothes, etc...

I bet some of those folks at the shelter would kill for a beer...

aww man, and i was so looking for an easy way to get rid of that stuffed owl my grandad gave me:rolleyes:

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped off some stuff in Spruce last night, I will swing by again this evening with more, Just wanted to say THANKS to all of the volunteers that are donating time and giving effort to this tragedy at the Spruce Grove Walmart parking lot! I was really surprised at how many individuals that were helping out!!!

Great Job!!!!;)

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting my son to bed last night and he started to talk about how sad he was that our house burnt down wasn't concerned about his toys and told me that the money we had set aside for his new quad this year,we had already picked it out he had even taken it for a ride we could use that money to get a new house. My kids Rock

Last edited:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting my son to bed last night and he started to talk about how sad he was that our hose burnt down wasn't concerned about his toys and told me that the money we had set aside for his new quad this year,we had already picked it out he had even taken it for a ride we could use that money to geet a new house. My kids Rock

wow thats enough to melt any heart.... even those without one

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting my son to bed last night and he started to talk about how sad he was that our hose burnt down wasn't concerned about his toys and told me that the money we had set aside for his new quad this year,we had already picked it out he had even taken it for a ride we could use that money to geet a new house. My kids Rock

Ryan, Your young lad was raised with a big heart.......GREAT JOB........I was reading the St. Albert Gazette last night nice right up Ryan..........if you and your family are not busy this evening I would like to invite your family over for dinner. Were about 5 mins from the Best Western.

Last edited:

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Dropped off a few things @ 17th last night - couldn't get out of the way fast enough as the guy's n gal's unloaded my truck! All you volunteers need to give yourselves a pat on the back for the huge & immediate response to this crisis - those of you organizing Drop Offs, Pulling Trailers, Volunteering WOW!!!

Proud to be a member of Snow & Mud.

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
More Pics
Athabasca!

Attachments

• IMG00305.jpg
    IMG00305.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG00306.jpg
    IMG00306.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG00300.jpg
    IMG00300.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Slave Lake Donations 053.jpg
    Slave Lake Donations 053.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Slave Lake Donations 061.jpg
    Slave Lake Donations 061.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 177

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
Try this again!

Attachments

• Slave Lake Donations 067.jpg
    Slave Lake Donations 067.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG00303.jpg
    IMG00303.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 191

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

that had to bring a tear to your eye, I know it would mine!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wowzers:eek:
excelant work guys and gals. proud to be an s&m member.
wife has been dropping stuff every day this week so far at the walmart in spruce, says she needs x product and then says oh and by the way i dropped
a b c d e f g h i j k l........... products off for slave lake.:d:):beer::beer:

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
I have more pics on my Facebook page and have made them available to everyone if you would like to have a look.
Audrey Rempel

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I put up a thread where the Edmonton Emergency relief center is looking for volunteer help. They need trucks and drivers. There truck broke down.

Please respond there.
I will be going through some snowandmud stock tonight and adding a few hoodies and shirts to the donations as well.

john deere

Reaction score
NIce pictures .its makes it kinda personal ..humbling..to see people in that situation...yet they are still positive ...alot of the same people unloaded us on tuesday. we see them in the photos, from mike and his wife from wed.nite,,,mike and his wife deserve and big THANK YOU for doing so much at the spruce grove site.Good job guys

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
nice pictures .its makes it kinda personal ..humbling..to see people in that situation...yet they are still positive ...alot of the same people unloaded us on tuesday. We see them in the photos, from mike and his wife from wed.nite,,,mike and his wife deserve and big thank you for doing so much at the spruce grove site.good job guys

thanks, john deere for dooin' this in spruce grove!!!

Thanks to mike ####'s and audrey(wifey of mike ####'s)..... You done good, guys!!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
NIce pictures .its makes it kinda personal ..humbling..to see people in that situation...yet they are still positive ...alot of the same people unloaded us on tuesday. we see them in the photos, from mike and his wife from wed.nite,,,mike and his wife deserve and big THANK YOU for doing so much at the spruce grove site.Good job guys

Mike and Aud did a fantastic job for sure. But a real big Thank You!! also have to go to you and your dad Nick. Thanks so much for all your efforts for starting the whole thing!! :beer::d:beer:

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job everyone!! Its good to know how much can be accomplished when peeps put their heads together to git r done!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom