skidoo 2016

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big johns sticker says shr860, unless he recently changed it.
I have heard that doo was playing around with a 858 for sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct by bad. Still our sign guy could whip that up and print it out pretty quick. I'm looking for hard changes to the physical sled not just graphics before I would call anything totally legitimate

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct by bad. Still our sign guy could whip that up and print it out pretty quick. I'm looking for hard changes to the physical sled not just graphics before I would call anything totally legitimate
what he said ^^ easy to fab a sticker. Looks like there are a couple more stickers on it too, probably some aftermarket parts. I would think guys like Rasmussen, Alford and Kuster would be seen testing 860s all winter before Doo went down that road, maybe they have been? They are "reliable", but not like a swiss watch. A factory 860 would be hard on the warranty cheque book I think. Maybe they have to step it up to spin the 174" x 3" faster though? Gonna be a ton of pissed off guys with low mileage 2015 174" XMs if its true.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what he said ^^ easy to fab a sticker. Looks like there are a couple more stickers on it too, probably some aftermarket parts. I would think guys like Rasmussen, Alford and Kuster would be seen testing 860s all winter before Doo went down that road, maybe they have been? They are "reliable", but not like a swiss watch. A factory 860 would be hard on the warranty cheque book I think. Maybe they have to step it up to spin the 174" x 3" faster though? Gonna be a ton of pissed off guys with low mileage 2015 174" XMs if its true.

Yep its hard to believe any pics posted online these days, I did notice that the sled was called a "iron dog" but the proto type decal was not mounted on the tunnel like they usually are, but there may of been one on the tunnel. Custom bulid I think. But I can still hope/dream for more HP lol.

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just cant see a 2016 prototype sled with decals on it advertising a BB, camoplast, and brembo........if their are ANY prototype 860-880's running around you can bet your ass skidoo just slapped the regular etek 800 decal on it if any decal at all......

a 860-800 would be the easiest thing to conseal for skidoo....blacked out xm that runs a bit "hotter"

my prediction for this year

-BNG
-Led head lights
-More open/stiffer running boards
-All "TUNNEL" coolers will be a bit shorter like t-3's for weight savings (a higher up was mentioning that the front half of this cooler wasnt as effective as thought)
-Maybe a t3-154 (whats the point) <<<<ONLY MY OPINION DONT MAKE A HOLE TOPIC ABOUT THIS
-Ace turbo avalable in t-3 package <<<< long shot i think that craze is over not a hole lot of m11T's being sold compared to when they 1st came out
-All summits will recieve new front end susp package from T-3

I believe the doo's are selling like hot cakes still. At the end of the day the bean counters arnt going to allow any change unless they are loosing market share if a good competitive product is still out there.

Does doo have a higher Hp engine in the works? you bet your ass
do they need it or else they will loose big bucks ....prob not

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just cant see a 2016 prototype sled with decals on it advertising a BB, camoplast, and brembo........if their are ANY prototype 860-880's running around you can bet your ass skidoo just slapped the regular etek 800 decal on it if any decal at all......

a 860-800 would be the easiest thing to conseal for skidoo....blacked out xm that runs a bit "hotter"

my prediction for this year

-BNG
-Led head lights
-More open/stiffer running boards
-All "TUNNEL" coolers will be a bit shorter like t-3's for weight savings (a higher up was mentioning that the front half of this cooler wasnt as effective as thought)
-Maybe a t3-154 (whats the point) <<<<ONLY MY OPINION DONT MAKE A HOLE TOPIC ABOUT THIS
-Ace turbo avalable in t-3 package <<<< long shot i think that craze is over not a hole lot of m11T's being sold compared to when they 1st came out
-All summits will recieve new front end susp package from T-3

I believe the doo's are selling like hot cakes still. At the end of the day the bean counters arnt going to allow any change unless they are loosing market share if a good competitive product is still out there.

Does doo have a higher Hp engine in the works? you bet your ass
do they need it or else they will loose big bucks ....prob not
Good points, and logical. I don't see Doo playing in the 4s turbo market as yes, the 1100T isn't the top seller - no need to make a competitive model for a small market share. In the 4S turbo world, there are two types of riders: Ones that will keep it stock, (and go back to a 2 stroke for the lighter weight), or the ones that mod them and smile ear to ear (I'm that guy lol). Big bores are tempermental for the most part, in in the world today 98% are "pull and go" riders that take their sled in every season for everything from chaincase oil changes to cleaning clutches - not a lot of tuning done anymore. For that reason I don't see a factory big bore coming down the pipe anytime soon...from any manufacturer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rasmussen is on a 16 prototype , just not sure what it is or done to it

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my local dealer yesterday. Sounds like the 880 etec might be a real. Got the "I don't know what your talking about". After a couple of minutes of small talk he was already apologizing to the aftermarket guys. He thinks it will take 2-3 years to come out with a 960 big bore for it. I for one believe this rumor.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know when I rode with Carl Kuster and Rob Alford they said they would be very surprised to see a engine change for this year. But Ya never know!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my local dealer yesterday. Sounds like the 880 etec might be a real. Got the "I don't know what your talking about". After a couple of minutes of small talk he was already apologizing to the aftermarket guys. He thinks it will take 2-3 years to come out with a 960 big bore for it. I for one believe this rumor.

Those that know do not talk about it he is blowing smoke

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your local dealer is full of crap I think, or there is a whole entire new motor in the works. 860 might be possible as stocker, but 880 is getting just too thin on the stock sleeves for cast pistons and the "parking lot heros" who pull and go with no warm up. I would suspect motor failures and warranty claims would be through the roof. Just for fun I ran the measurements, with the stock Doo crank you'd have to go 90 mm on the monoblock to get a 960. That ain't happening off the 800 monoblock or existing crankcase, there's just not enough room.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your local dealer is full of crap I think, or there is a whole entire new motor in the works. 860 might be possible as stocker, but 880 is getting just too thin on the stock sleeves for cast pistons and the "parking lot heros" who pull and go with no warm up. I would suspect motor failures and warranty claims would be through the roof. Just for fun I ran the measurements, with the stock Doo crank you'd have to go 90 mm on the monoblock to get a 960. That ain't happening off the 800 monoblock or existing crankcase, there's just not enough room.

Try starting an etec cold and driving it won't let you over rev it till it is warm. They can make enough fail safes (idiot proof) to keep the sled with warranty. I had an 09 880 XP tuned by the man himself with many many many miles on it had just good as mileage as any other new sled and worked flawless. So I'm sure BRP can do this if they want. Hope it's true but not holding my breath.

I agree with BRP not needing to build 4s turbos small market now that 2s turbos have come a long way from what they were.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Linderman has a 950 kit. But I know they got to do some case machining.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
FranktheTank;2090640[U said:
]Try starting an etec cold and driving it won't let you over rev it till it is warm[/U]. They can make enough fail safes (idiot proof) to keep the sled with warranty. I had an 09 880 XP tuned by the man himself with many many many miles on it had just good as mileage as any other new sled and worked flawless. So I'm sure BRP can do this if they want. Hope it's true but not holding my breath.

I agree with BRP not needing to build 4s turbos small market now that 2s turbos have come a long way from what they were.

What does Over-Revving have to do with cold ceasing an engine? I personally watched someone cold cease an engine a few weekends ago and it didnt over rev.... And e-tech will only do so much. You still need a brain.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The damage is done if your reving up to even engagement rpm (5500) on a cold motor IMO needs to be up to operating temperature at idle before even touching the throttle

So do you just let all 5 sleds idle in the trailer until they're warm? I do that in the open trailers but I've always driven the sled out of the enclosed trailer after about a minute of idle. If I let all the sleds idle I probably wouldn't be able to see let alone breathe lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do you just let all 5 sleds idle in the trailer until they're warm? I do that in the open trailers but I've always driven the sled out of the enclosed trailer after about a minute of idle. If I let all the sleds idle I probably wouldn't be able to see let alone breathe lol

Its safe to move then upon start up unless its like -30 or something. If its warm out/Ice trails I only warm my sled up for 30 seconds,, because its going to get real warm,, real quick anyways....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's exactly what we do. The etec are pretty good with the back door down and the man door open you can walk in and out of there no problem. But on a very cold day with the doors shut it gets NASTY in there

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its safe to move then upon start up unless its like -30 or something. If its warm out/Ice trails I only warm my sled up for 30 seconds,, because its going to get real warm,, real quick anyways....

I don't consider this good advice sorry. I realize you log a lot of miles and I'm surprised you haven't squeeked a motor. Just goes to show how good those etec blocks are I guess. It is my opinion a sled should not move until you can touch the rear cooler and feel heat. That means it is at operating temperature. Again just my OPINiON everyone has one. The etec records thousands of perameters and I would hate to be denied warranty because the dealer says well look you rode for 3 minutes at 7000rpm in warmup mode. Not saying a dealer would do that but that's one of my reasons for doing it. -30 to 0 degrees means nothing the temperature difference in the cylinder from let's say 0 degrees to operating temperature is far far greater than that extra 30 degrees will make. A cold seize and piston damage is totally possible at above zero temperatures.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Not going to start an arguement here, and its NOT an opinion.... its the truth. It says right in your owners manual... page 88.... "Allow engine to warm up at least one or two minutes before moving".

All of the e-techs will shut down after 12 minutes except the ace.. those are 5 minutes. They shouldn't even be moved after idling for at least a few minutes.... them pull them out and let them run.

Top Bottom