skidoo 2016

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to start an arguement here.... but that is NOT true at all. It says right in your owners manual... page 88.... "Allow engine to warm up at least one or two minutes before moving".

All of the e-techs will shut down after 12 minutes except the ace.. those are 5 minutes. They should even be moved after idling for at least a few minutes.... them pull them out and let them run.

Im not going to argue ither,, I do it every day and haven;t lost a Etec motor yet.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to start an arguement here, and its NOT an opinion.... its the truth. It says right in your owners manual... page 88.... "Allow engine to warm up at least one or two minutes before moving".

All of the e-techs will shut down after 12 minutes except the ace.. those are 5 minutes. They shouldn't even be moved after idling for at least a few minutes.... them pull them out and let them run.

The manual is also going to say don't climb steep hills and don't take sweet jumps with your Ski-Doo(r) Summit(r) 800R(r) ETech(r) 174"(r) product.

They play it a *bit* safe in the documentation. Jus' sayin.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The manual is also going to say don't climb steep hills and don't take sweet jumps with your Ski-Doo(r) Summit(r) 800R(r) ETech(r) 174"(r) product.

Granted... they do cover thier butts.... But if you cold cease an engine... They will be the ones making the money. Therefore them putting it in the manual is them trying to tell you the proper way to look after your product.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can't believe we are arguing that warming your sled up for less than 2 minutes is ok. This is why it's so scary buying used product you just don't know what your getting. Snow must be pretty epic where you guys ride that your in that big of hurry lmfao. Fawk it takes me 10 minutes to get my fat ass into all my gear

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Word of the day "yet" lol. I don't move my sled till snow melts on the cooler even after that I take it easy for a km or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think ive put on enough miles on the Etec to know its safe. But hey do what ever you want, makes no difference to me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe we are arguing that warming your sled up for less than 2 minutes is ok. This is why it's so scary buying used product you just don't know what your getting. Snow must be pretty epic where you guys ride that your in that big of hurry lmfao. Fawk it takes me 10 minutes to get my fat ass into all my gear

I warm my chit up most days before I pinner, Im not idling for 10mins before I unload it from my truck though....

And you dont want my used sleds regardless,,, trust me....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Thats the other thing I was wondering... Do you drive to the hill with your helmet on and your ABS bag on, in your boots with your sled gloves on goggles down? Let your sled warm up while you get ready!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Granted... they do cover thier butts.... But if you cold cease an engine... They will be the ones making the money. Therefore them putting it in the manual is them trying to tell you the proper way to look after your product.

Seize.......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the other thing I was wondering... Do you drive to the hill with your helmet on and your ABS bag on, in your boots with your sled gloves on goggles down? Let your sled warm up while you get ready!

I guess not everyone is as drunk and disorganized as us in the morning....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I guess not everyone is as drunk and disorganized as us in the morning....

The tempereature is much warmer at noon..... therefore it takes us LESS time to warm up the sleds... HENCE sleeping in. everyone else is dumb... not us dude.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I warm my chit up most days before I pinner, Im not idling for 10mins before I unload it from my truck though....

And you dont want my used sleds regardless
,,, trust me....

Ill sell you one of mine after I ride it for a season... Generally the insurance companys dont mind friend/family doing a buy back..

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The tempereature is much warmer at noon..... therefore it takes us LESS time to warm up the sleds... HENCE sleeping in. everyone else is dumb... not us dude.

Roy looked really happy last weekend when you rolled out at Noon

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill sell you one of mine after I ride it for a season... Generally the insurance companys dont mind friend/family doing a buy back..

No used sleds for me thanks. I like to be the first guy to smash my sled into a tree or roll it end for end down a mountain....lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... maybe if Roy pitched in something once in a while... other than the cabin, sled trailer, sled truck all the fuel and the shop.... he could decide when everyone leaves!

At least he should buy beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom