Skid Steers

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know they made anything else but Bobcat. I have been running bobcat for 30 plus years wore out 10 plus new ones. The only problem I had was on a T 190 the track drive motor failed costing $7000 other then that with over 20,000 hrs on them that’s not that bad haha

Attachments

• 9C86B9B0-AE55-4E51-93E5-9F99A9C2DF59.jpeg
    9C86B9B0-AE55-4E51-93E5-9F99A9C2DF59.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 61741ADA-0655-4507-8C48-5EAA479B2B58.jpeg
    61741ADA-0655-4507-8C48-5EAA479B2B58.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 153

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a T-190 Bobcat (tracks), single speed. Bought it brand new in 2012 and currently have 950hrs on it. 66hp, Kubota engine, rated at 1900lb lift but i have lifted pallets of paving stones that were around 3000lb. Doesn't have the high flow and have not needed it so far. Would be nice to have a door like the Kubota. Just been used around my acreage and does everything i need it to do. Ya sometimes would be nice to have something bigger but I wanted to stay small and light and the T190 has enough grunt to do what i need it for. One reason I went with a Bobcat was at the time you had the best view/ least obstruction out the windows. The new Bobcats are even better now. The unit has never been in for a repair. Regular engine oil changes and final drive oil changes. This unit can also be run by remote control if you want to buy the controller, was afraid to even ask what that would cost. One other toy to consider is a mini excavator. I bought a used one about 5 years ago. Should have bought one when i built my acreage 20 years ago. Yanmar ViO27,(2.7 ton) have put on 300 hrs since i got it. It is amazing what this little hoe can do for only 20hp.
Make sure you are changing the track drive oil on the T 190 they love to ch!t out the track drive motor lol ask me why I know haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know they made anything else but Bobcat. I have been running bobcat for 30 plus years wore out 10 plus new ones. The only problem I had was on a T 190 the track drive motor failed costing $7000 other then that with over 20,000 hrs on them that’s not that bad haha

Got that cali lean

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are changing the track drive oil on the T 190 they love to ch!t out the track drive motor lol ask me why I know haha
Any of the tracked skid steers need constant love on the final drive oil. Most of them barely hold a liter of oil and they get smoking hot if your using any amount of speed. In a previous life, the one customer's fleet we looked after, we did final drive oil changes with the engine service every 250hrs and even then the oil would come out pitch black and smelled horrible. Oil is cheap, parts and labour aren't.

I'd shy away from any lesser known brands, pricing might be attractive but parts can be a headache to get as some of the smaller dealers don't carry much for stock. I'd be looking at a Cat, Deere, Bobcat or Kubota myself. They all seem to use solid built Japanese engines (Kubota and Yanmar). With that said I've worked on enough JCB/Volvo units to know that they will bleed a guy's bank account, although the side cab door is very nice.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been changing it about every 300 hrs, all 4oz (120ml) of it! My T190 has a very easy life.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a Chinese brand on kijiji that I saw, Sunward. Their tracked unit is in the size I'm looking for, Kubota engine, bare bones for most things (analog gauges, manual disconnect, ...)? But about $20,000 cheaper.
My neighbour is setting up the Canadian distribution network for XCMG equipment from china. Supposably the 3rd largest equipment manufacturer globally. Behind Cat and somebody else.

Distribution and parts warehouse is going to be in Stony plain.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My neighbour is setting up the Canadian distribution network for XCMG equipment from china. Supposably the 3rd largest equipment manufacturer globally. Behind Cat and somebody else.

hopefully they'll have a good parts department who wants to help too!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are these not Case ? Had a excavator out from a matting company and machine looked a lot like a Cat machine .
Was all black . Company didn’t keep them and sent them back as support was terrible .
That might change

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
33e02d8d12d556099526ac8cff01db81.jpg

Here’s one at sale near me if your still considering jcb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of the tracked skid steers need constant love on the final drive oil. Most of them barely hold a liter of oil and they get smoking hot if your using any amount of speed. In a previous life, the one customer's fleet we looked after, we did final drive oil changes with the engine service every 250hrs and even then the oil would come out pitch black and smelled horrible. Oil is cheap, parts and labour aren't.

I'd shy away from any lesser known brands, pricing might be attractive but parts can be a headache to get as some of the smaller dealers don't carry much for stock. I'd be looking at a Cat, Deere, Bobcat or Kubota myself. They all seem to use solid built Japanese engines (Kubota and Yanmar). With that said I've worked on enough JCB/Volvo units to know that they will bleed a guy's bank account, although the side cab door is very nice.
My ol man has been running jcb in his gravel pit for 4 years without a single complaint, 2 of my neighbors have jcb on their farms. I wouldn't hesitate going jcb. I've had my S300 since 06, some minor issues but overall pretty good. These new Kubota machines seem weak to me and the pins and bushings don't seem to hold up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting beside some of that xcmg chit right now.

Looks like china junk forsure.
20230620_151351.jpg

Last edited:

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ol man has been running jcb in his gravel pit for 4 years without a single complaint, 2 of my neighbors have jcb on their farms. I wouldn't hesitate going jcb. I've had my S300 since 06, some minor issues but overall pretty good. These new Kubota machines seem weak to me and the pins and bushings don't seem to hold up.
I'm guessing if you buy brand new you're probably OK. My brother works on every type of equipment from 1990s up. If that stuff gets 5-10 years old you're looking at a host of problems that will just shut the machine down. I asked him specifically about JCB because I was looking at some telehandlers . They were cheaper than the rest used, now I know why

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting beside some of that xcmg chit right now.

Looks like china junk forsure.View attachment 270002
Xcmg is the second largest equipment manufacturer in the world. They are actually one of the only companies that stand behind their equipment, factory 5 year warranty, without standing behind you and getting you to bend over first.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xcmg is the second largest equipment manufacturer in the world. They are actually one of the only companies that stand behind their equipment, factory 5 year warranty, without standing behind you and getting you to bend over first.
I wouldnt buy one. But lots of them in Vancouver. Edit: this one is lcmg. Made in the usa. Similar name,

Google says xcmg are 3rd largest. Never even heard of them until a couple days ago

20230621_141731.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually wonder how much a xcmg mini hoe is. Ill ask, I saw some today. if they are cheap enough to justify buying chinese crap might give one a try

Last edited:

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday running around looking at units. Finding something in stock or arriving soon seems to be the hard part it seems. Still need to go check out the Bobcat units but so far really liking the new Kubota SVL75-3, and is the best priced of the lot so far. The interior and visibility on the Case/New Holland units is nice.

Top Bottom