ski recommendations

corey.greene

Reaction score
hey eveyone I know its summer but I'd like to get a head start on the sled this year so I'm not rushing around before the start of this up and coming epic deep pow season. ;) :beer: here's to hoping anyway.

So my question is whats everyone using for aftermarket ski's? I like boondocking, sidehilling, etc.

I run a pro rmk 800 with 163" track. My stock ski's are a little messed up from all the gravel last season.

Recommendations, good and bad, prices. Every little bit helps.

TIA

Cheers:cool:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stick with the stock gripper skis again. They are a great ski, but typically hard to come by since guys with Cats can retrofit them to work.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stick with the stock gripper skis again. They are a great ski, but typically hard to come by since guys with Cats can retrofit them to work.

I agree best bang for the buck. I put them on my proclimb the first year I had it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of my friends seem to like the CA Pro's. They have some choices on design.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Roughly same cost (new) for slydog vs gripper ski's. Gripper's are that much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's involved with putting grippers on?

Longer bolts and bit of trimming on the spindle rubbers if you use the cat rubbers. Also sand the ski saddle flat under the spindle. Might be easier with the polaris rubbers but I didn't have them to try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roughly same cost (new) for slydog vs gripper ski's. Gripper's are that much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better in my option if you get a sweet deal on a pair of zero mile take offs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried the sly dogs and C&A's and both are good. The slydogs were not much different from a stock ski just a tiny bit more aggressive. The C&A's (boondock Extreme)were a way more aggressive ski, I found that they would hold the trail really well and performed really well in the soft stuff. The downside to them is they have a heavy steering feel which can burn you out trying to move them around all day. I believe it is because the keel is square and not rounded on the edges so it is tough to turn at low speed.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on mostly what type of riding you do, but assuming owning a pro you do more mountain riding. I run 7" slydogs and are great in deep conditions, however they tend to dart on groomed trails compared to stock skis. Still would rather ride with them over stock on the xm.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I think I'll stick with the stock ski's.

Cheers:beer:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried the sly dogs and C&A's and both are good. The slydogs were not much different from a stock ski just a tiny bit more aggressive. The C&A's (boondock Extreme)were a way more aggressive ski, I found that they would hold the trail really well and performed really well in the soft stuff. The downside to them is they have a heavy steering feel which can burn you out trying to move them around all day. I believe it is because the keel is square and not rounded on the edges so it is tough to turn at low speed.

Move your ski loops back to the closest to the sled hole (3 holes) on your C&A pro skis and they won't be so "heavy" to turn almost a completely different ski when mounted all the way back as it gives you an additional 2"

C&A Pro Skis - Why 3 Ski Handle Hole Adjustments? - YouTube

Top Bottom