Silent Pass

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
i will be riding silent saturday but i need some partner... my buddy sled not ready so i'm on my own... will be staying in radium riding forester creek on friday. pm if i can join you're group
thanks
pierre

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
rode silent today... park at km 30 isch...just before the big sign for silent pass with closure area... still missing lot of snow... but she was deeeeeep today!! stuck fest all day ..be carefeull lake isn`t frozen yet..and only way to access is by back road( i seen one track up waterfall..and i don`t think he make it to top..had an amazing blue sky powder day!!! just had a riding buddy who spend more time stuck then riding...he`s learning the hard way!!!:p

and i try to do some tree climbing...almost work...:p lol

IMG_1981[1].jpg
IMG_1981[1].jpg IMG_1988[1].jpg IMG_1989[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1986[1].jpg
    IMG_1986[1].jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 604

XP Braap

Reaction score
We have a group heading out to silent pass on Nov 29-30 if anyone is interested in joining. We're meeting in Golden at 9ish

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode silent today... park at km 30 isch...just before the big sign for silent pass with closure area... still missing lot of snow... but she was deeeeeep today!! stuck fest all day ..be carefeull lake isn`t frozen yet..and only way to access is by back road( i seen one track up waterfall..and i don`t think he make it to top..had an amazing blue sky powder day!!! just had a riding buddy who spend more time stuck then riding...he`s learning the hard way!!!:p

and i try to do some tree climbing...almost work...:p lol

View attachment 142146

All that wide open space and you try and ride over the poor little trees that someone is going to cut off and then they will be 6 inches below the snow waiting for someone else. :)

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent was awesome Saturday but it was tough on the the body getting the deep stuff first ride. The switchbacks were slick and the road was last plowed to 34 after that no problem riding. Some still drove to the bridge at 46, we parked at 40.

We were first up in the morning. Someone was nice enough to break trail 90% of the way in sometime during the week. Above the waterfall it was all untouched. It took a few hours before we heard anyone else, not sure what the problem was, but we made the best of it ;). Light started good and ended good but was on & off through the day.

Stuckfest is right. It was a gong show when the masses got up top. Probably some newbies and others getting their powder legs back.

Trail was decent going in but getting choppy out. Mostly a single track. Hope they start grooming soon. The only tracks on the waterfall were the ones my bud and I made down them at the end of the day just to get a line going. It's too mogley at the bottom still to get a run.

There is a rider in the second picture.

PB240407.jpg

PB240409.jpg

PB240410.jpg

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent was awesome Saturday but it was tough on the the body getting the deep stuff first ride. The switchbacks were slick and the road was last plowed to 34 after that no problem riding. Some still drove to the bridge at 46, we parked at 40.

We were first up in the morning. Someone was nice enough to break trail 90% of the way in sometime during the week. Above the waterfall it was all untouched. It took a few hours before we heard anyone else, not sure what the problem was, but we made the best of it ;). Light started good and ended good but was on & off through the day.

Stuckfest is right. It was a gong show when the masses got up top. Probably some newbies and others getting their powder legs back.

Trail was decent going in but getting choppy out. Mostly a single track. Hope they start grooming soon. The only tracks on the waterfall were the ones my bud and I made down them at the end of the day just to get a line going. It's too mogley at the bottom still to get a run.

There is a rider in the second picture.

PB240407.jpg

PB240409.jpg

PB240410.jpg
Got rid of the king cat James? (I was in your garage a couple of years ago when you were selling your buddies sled, hind sight,i shoulda bought it. Woulda saved me alot of cash.)Looks like a stellar day.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got rid of the king cat James? (I was in your garage a couple of years ago when you were selling your buddies sled, hind sight,i shoulda bought it. Woulda saved me alot of cash.)Looks like a stellar day.

Oh I still have the King as a back-up. That thing is a beast and will climb with ANY new stocker. Just not as fun to throw around. Was on an M8 last two seasons, good sled and sold it to a friend. Now trying a Pro. It worked awesome yesterday but I need to get used to the balance.

The guy who bought Glen's sled contacted me the next summer hoping to buy his ABS pack too. He said he had been kicking on all his buds and hanging with some PG turbos on the XP, was extremely pleased. Then on the fifth ride the crank went out and destroyed the bottom end (as 08 XP's were known to do)! I felt a little bad but how do you know? He said Ralph rebuilt it with a little more power. So maybe you made the right move.

Connon

Reaction score
Nice snow up there,wish I had gone to silent,still had an awesome day in quartz. Will have to try silent on my next day off when e er that comes around

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey JMCX, I was up there on monday had to break trail in, we ended up breaking to the right of the waterfall, up through the trees, made it up top for about a 2 hour ride, by that time we were gas'd powder legs is right...just couldn't find them that day. Only two us us made it to the top.

Attachments

• photo(31).JPG
    photo(31).JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 381
  • photo(32).JPG
    photo(32).JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 376

bigdogbenson

Reaction score
Anyone wanna ride silent pass tomorrow with 2 guys? Don't know the area looking for anyone who knows ?we ride Valemount usually so just anyone give me a text 7806864231 even tried hiring a guide but none is available

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey JMCX, I was up there on monday had to break trail in, we ended up breaking to the right of the waterfall, up through the trees, made it up top for about a 2 hour ride, by that time we were gas'd powder legs is right...just couldn't find them that day. Only two us us made it to the top.

Looks like the powder was great then too. Breakin trail through the tight sections is a workout if you get stuck much. Somebody else must have freshened the trail up to the top later in the week after more snow fell. When we got up top Sat it was all fresh and new.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We said no to guiding to a lot of people last week to see how the snow was shaping up. Now that it's coming along we are starting. Keep in mind we have a 5-1 client/guide ratio and that is stretching it at times... 3 people with their own sleds or less is AWESOME and you get lots done. Not going to lie... 5 people is a liability in our industry as far as guiding goes. If you guys are searching for guides in Golden please support the industry and ask what their qualifications are and if they are insured.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at Silent Tuesday. Parked at 46. Trail in is rough but doable. Still no action on the waterfall. For some reason including ourselves no one is coming down it to widen the trail, we just got sucked into where the sun was shining.... Lots of snow and titty deep is an understatment.....

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is no one takin the waterfall on??? Just s lack of snow, or nobodies got the sled to crack up it??

I was just thinking the same thing. That used to be my favorite part of the day. I could spend three quarters of the day tearing the heck out of the waterfall and be perfectly happy.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're planning on being in there Saturday morning, me on the old XP, and a buddy on a new XM. We'll take a shot at er for shits and giggles. No doubt, somebody will beat us too it though.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is no one takin the waterfall on??? Just s lack of snow, or nobodies got the sled to crack up it??

I think its the fact that when you get off your sled the snow is at your eyeballs and your sled is above your head. Lots of digging up there. Need the snow to firm up a bit...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is silent any good, we might be there this morning, conditions at quarts sucks

Top Bottom