Silent Pass

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a guy who went yesterday, they had 20-30 cms since last Sunday. Not a lot and still lots of landmines which is normal.

I would wait until after the weekend as there is lots in the forecast.

They also rode the radium side and said it was pretty much untouched. I trust these guys for no BS reports. No evidence of titty deep snow.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on who's titties we're talking about Dan. Sorry buddy , couldn't resist.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well.

U get more riding that I doo.

Plus Ur little.

sent from my htc

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent yesterday and today along with members XP Braap and Chrishew as well as the missis and a couple more buds.
Lotsa fresh today. Came down the waterfall yesterday and its all pow!
Quite a few sleds went up it today.
Trail is rough but meh... Once you hit the waterfall the snow just gets deeper and deeper right to 7200ft. Lotsa pow in the trees and up top, but visibility isn't the greatest up top. Creek beds and trees are awesome tho.
That's XP Braap making out with a tree in the last pic haha!

brokencrank

Reaction score
So how much of a trail ride is it. As My group has never been and would like to go tomorrow. Little confused on actual current trail distance. Some info states 60 km one way but read some guys parking at 30 and 46 km so will that make trail in only 30 or 14 km. any help would be great.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys were parking anywhere from approx km 34 to km 46 depending what ur hauling. Trail is pounded because there's no groomer running but snow is wicked up top!

brokencrank

Reaction score
So worst case we ride the trail in 26 km if I understand correct. We have two 4 place units so I'm guessing the 34 km parking.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
We dropped too far over the back side of the last lake this morning and spent the next 4 hours digging our way back out. Snow was deep. Most flat areas are tracked up now tho. If you get off the flat expect to stupid deep bottomless snow...

geordiep

Reaction score
So how much of a trail ride is it. As My group has never been and would like to go tomorrow. Little confused on actual current trail distance. Some info states 60 km one way but read some guys parking at 30 and 46 km so will that make trail in only 30 or 14 km. any help would be great.

The main parking area is at 24km mark. Buddy rode last week and they were plowed to 36km for logging. Due to minimal snow at lower elevation they drove to the 46km (at McMurdo Bridge turnoff) The McMurdo trail is another 15'ish kms to the "roller coaster" single track thru the alpine. In a few km's you arrive at the waterfall. You climb this and you have reached heaven!

So yes it is like 40+km each way from the 24 km parking lot, but it is groomed twice a week (not yet but soon).

The area is huge. The attached pic shows only half of the "front side". You drop over this to a huge bowl on the back side. No cabin but worth the extra drive. Much better than Quartz Creek IMO.

Attachments

• 2012-04-15 15.41.30.jpg
    2012-04-15 15.41.30.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Photo upload ki-jigger won't work, so visualize Bayman standing on tree, with his head above the snow, that's all, rest of him is buried. Photo 2 is one ski, that's all that's above the snow, rest of my sled is MIA, and you can see Baymans head again, he's in a tree well. Photo 3 is Bayman standing next to two medium sized trees, stripped of branches, one broke off 6 feet up, he's looking proud, his sled on the other side of the trees, stuck again he elected to ride the trees, Photo 4 is the remains of a cliff I fell off while riding blind in whiteout, I hit hard enough to rip the go pro off my helmet, we never found it. RIP Go Pro... Today was a ch!t show.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent yesterday. The trail was brutal but one you got up top it was heaven. Fresh snow over the headlights all day. Wished I had a snorkel, sled was starving for air all day.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow was good, a nice dump over the previous 24 hours yesterday left some nice fresh.

Don't be fooled though, the creeks are almost all still open with just a skim over some of the other ones. If you are not careful or not used to the area you can find yourself in one. Lots of landmines still. Lots of cut off trees just below the snowline.

Probed along the trees off the lakes and got about 6' in most areas. Still needs another 4'-5' to cover up a lot of it and help fill in the creeks. I have ridden Silent the first two weeks of December for a number of years and have never had it so warm. It was -1 at the top yesterday. It could have almost rained at one point.

Lots and lots of rookies out. Good times. If you are hauling 4 place trailers up there I would still suggest taking chains. Going down could have been bad for a few guys if it would have become cold and the rain soaked road froze up.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were talking to some fellas who had their trailer slide off the km 2-1/2 corner on their way out Thursday night and flopped over. Didn't sound like it was a good time at all.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some key points missed on sat report. The lake is not frozen. The trail in sucks, especially if your riding a cat. Snow in some areas only 3ft deep, others ad mentioned.... Lots. still dig to dirt. Couple good landsmines kicking around. Nobody's cracked the backside since the new storm. Ohh and the new xm works swell.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some key points missed on sat report. The lake is not frozen. The trail in sucks, especially if your riding a cat. Snow in some areas only 3ft deep, others ad mentioned.... Lots. still dig to dirt. Couple good landsmines kicking around. Nobody's cracked the backside since the new storm. Ohh and the new xm works swell.

Thats why I never take an internet report as solid info. The lake is actually froze though. The weight of the snow is overflowing the water onto the ice.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update on if there are going to or if they have ran the groomer up or not this week.

Top Bottom