Shortblock

Moeman

Reaction score
Took out the top end of my motor last year, cracked at the pto exhaust ports. Since its an 08 with about 3700 kms I figure I better do the bottom end while im there. I was wondering if any one knows where I can get a good price on a short block?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 289
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Personally I would just order a complete engine from BRP and drop her in.
Comes with 1 year warranty and your new again.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I would just order a complete engine from BRP and drop her in.
Comes with 1 year warranty and your new again.

Does it have warranty if the dealer doesn't install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No warranty unless dealer installs. Unless they changed that policy from the past years.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have warranty if the dealer doesn't install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya no warranty unless installed at dealer

But if ur dealer knows u good and knows u know how to do it right then they will still do it

But for 99 % of the doo motors are good well past the year
No warranty unless dealer installs. Unless they changed that policy from the past years.

Moeman

Reaction score
On average what would someone get back for the core with this damage. From what I can tell the bottom end is ok.

Moeman

Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell. Your well schooled on theses motors, would you have any ideas on what may have caused this?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was 3200 list for a ptek. my dealer gave me one for 2900 that he had in stock for a few years. I'm pretty sure they quoted me just under 5K complete with install and one year warranty, I put it in myself

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was 3200 list for a ptek. my dealer gave me one for 2900 that he had in stock for a few years. I'm pretty sure they quoted me just under 5K complete with install and one year warranty, I put it in myself
Last time I checked it was 2800 exchange with a good core, plus 5-6 hours to re and re... Was like just shy of 4000 with gst and fluids ect

U where getting azz raped for a re and rear eh tee....

No wonder y u installed urself

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at one for just under 2500 plus core and 90 day warrantee regardless of who installs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked it was 2800 exchange with a good core, plus 5-6 hours to re and re... Was like just shy of 4000 with gst and fluids ect

yeah, was seriously considering big bore after I heard that price. lucky I went with the shortblock, my crank bearings were going too. runout was within spec but the guy I sold the bottom end to tore it down and said the cages were coming apart. sled was only a bit more than a year old, maybe that's why the price was higher? dunno....but everything is more expensive up here

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I should have mentioned, the price I paid was without core. I kept the old engine thinking of modding it but changed my mind.

Moeman

Reaction score
So I got thinking, because of the famous 08 motor issues, If a guy could go with an 09+ short block and if there would be any fitment or programing problems?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got thinking, because of the famous 08 motor issues, If a guy could go with an 09+ short block and if there would be any fitment or programing problems?
10 plus are way better ( been told the 10 and up had better cranks and something to do with the crank bolt is not drilled as far

Top Bottom