SGI says I have to buy extra insurance to tow anything?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skip the brokers...call SGI direct on their customer service line. Only way you get a solid answer is from the horses mouth. Very few knowledgable brokers out there and its difficult to blame them...insurance is a complex thing with a multitude of loopholes.

My broker has a book they keep that whenever they get a clarification from SGI, they write down what it was, who they got it from and the date / time. At least you have something to fall back on if they fed you a line of crap.

rgashkei

Reaction score
A lot of comments from people that are not in Saskatchewan and does not apply here. If your going to be over the 10,000 lbs on your truck/trailer the extra insurance is not that much. I think I registered mine for 15,000 total and it was $45 more a year, not a big deal. My issue is with if you are towing a trailer over 10,000 lbs you have to have a G rating on your liscence. Written test and a driving test with a trailer over 10,000 lbs.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of comments from people that are not in Saskatchewan and does not apply here. If your going to be over the 10,000 lbs on your truck/trailer the extra insurance is not that much. I think I registered mine for 15,000 total and it was $45 more a year, not a big deal. My issue is with if you are towing a trailer over 10,000 lbs you have to have a G rating on your liscence. Written test and a driving test with a trailer over 10,000 lbs.

Why do you have a beef with being tested towing a trailer that is over 10k. If that's what your going to be on the road with??
That's a lot of weight and tings can go sideways fast if you don't know what your doing

You've drove a little crack box car or 1/4 ton all your life. Came into some $$ go buy new diesel and monster trailer and going to tour the country- zero experience he owes it to the others on the road to be tested that he knows what he's doing
My opinion

Top Bottom