scratcher problem

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mount mine on the ski mount bolt inside of the ski retap the scratchers mounting nut to thread onto bolt with blue loctit and hook the other end onto the ski

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no interference with springs , shocks, steering, throttle or the muff pot. Maybe BRP should be paying me for engineering :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's mine broken off

Guess they say no warranty.... Kind of bogus, used 3 times, and had 3 months now

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391004426306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391004426306.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 198

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My thoughts on scratchers are as follows; the spring type (not the new BRP ones that mount on the tunnel) naturally go straight down when one flies over a mogul. If the sled lands when the scratcher is straight down it is going to snap. Simple physics in my mind and I have broke lots before I got a little smarter than the scratcher.

I attached Between the Lines' Single Slide Kick. You can see in the picture where I initially mounted it and the end of the spring arm was in the way. I got smart in a hurry and moved it further along on the rail! I still use this style today and love 'em!

The new scratcher from Between the Lines, Ski-Z, is in the second picture. They work well and are attached to the back of the skis. The newest version is galvanized. I have attached a video I did for them and there are other videos available on Youtube.

IMG_1008.jpg IMG_2395.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ntNmx9jAvI

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cable scratchers work ok but the ice storms are better. Had no issues with mine. Tex must have backed over his.
One of the idler's in the skid is farther back than the other for some reason so if you move it ahead one hole you can mount both scratchers in the leftover holes with no interference from the suspension.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those cable scratchers suck, they might work when there is some loose snow to fling around but on hard spring morning ice you might as well use a rope.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those cable scratchers suck, they might work when there is some loose snow to fling around but on hard spring morning ice you might as well use a rope.

Just tried a set of "Trail Blizzer" cable type scratchers. They work very well. Put on about 50 miles on VERY icy trails. They are designed so they do not loosen off like the old model. DSC01338.JPG

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cable scratchers work ok but the ice storms are better. Had no issues with mine. Tex must have backed over his.
One of the idler's in the skid is farther back than the other for some reason so if you move it ahead one hole you can mount both scratchers in the leftover holes with no interference from the suspension.

That's the thing is never backed even tho they are the reversible kind

sent while I should be drinking tea's

straightshooter

Reaction score
lol funny... but seriously .... they sold me these cheap ass scratchers... the instructions say to punch a hole through the rail on a specific spot.. and then it doesnt work.... so in my mind martin should be giving me new rails... and charging the people that made the scratchers..... im most likely wrong as now days no one will take blame for their **** products, but i figured id ask.

Sorry i have no pics im at work.

Some ppls children... wanting to get someone else pay for there mistake.
How's that saying go?? Oh ya Measure twice cut once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom