Running a can on the T3? Check the plastics in behind.

bcham5

Reaction score
Still haven't run it yet so i can't tell how much it helps but I'm sure i can shoot the pipe and then the can at idle to see if theres a reduction.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nope.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 309

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A black chain case cover? Interesting......

I also see that you still have the foam on the side panel. That may reflect/keep more heat in the affected area, no?

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Ferniesnow.. Just went and checked my sled and have similar issue. My plastic cable tray isn't melted as bad but it's starting and that plastic wire wrap is melted as well..

The Thing must keep a hell of a lot of heat in the engine bay if it's melting plastic like that.. The idea of ceramic is to work as an insulator and force the heat thru the can instead of out of the body?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Ferniesnow.. Just went and checked my sled and have similar issue. My plastic cable tray isn't melted as bad but it's starting and that plastic wire wrap is melted as well..

The Thing must keep a hell of a lot of heat in the engine bay if it's melting plastic like that.. The idea of ceramic is to work as an insulator and force the heat thru the can instead of out of the body?

That is correct. I rode today and the foil wrap and baffle that I put in works. Dam it is cold riding at -20! Must be getting old, eh!

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked my T3 with thing cooker and all is good with no signs of melted plastic. That being said I will be sending it in for a little bling bling anyways

s2h

Reaction score
My T3 with the thing can melted the wiring a little. It also got the recoil so hot it stopped working for nearly an hour before it cooled off enough and started to work again. Then I noticed my fancy tool kit that I mounted in the stock batter location melted as well. I love cooking on the hill but that much heat under the hood is not good. I have now removed the BRP front pre-filter and open my side panel when I stop for a rest to let the excess heat out.

S2H

Last edited:

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See. Loud cans r better. Lol. My mbrp is a long ways from anything it could melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom