Rode the E-Tec finally!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm really not the type to think that any one brand is always better than the others, they tend to leapfrog each other in quality and performance. I like them all regardless of make, I do however have more Arctic Cat clothes and tools. Mo would sh** and possibly die of a heart attack if I showed up on a Doo. Gotta save that for just the right time. (I do actually own a Doo and two Polaris's but don't tell nobody.)

Well at least you didn't get AC tattooed to your wrist. Since I been around Ski-doo has consistently putting out good product. I found when I was sled shopping Ski-doo was $2,000 more than poo and $1,000 more than AC. Last sled I rode was a 97 700 RMK, so all I have to go off is history.

dont need e-start. the etec started for me first pull every time even cold

After talking with sledslut on facebook, I'm very jealous of the E-Tec. Same chassis/body look but only 2 years difference in sleds and the e-tec is a whole different machine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a nice machine and has some wicked features. and i am a huge fan of skidoo and i like to promote there product. however if you own a 09/10 xp its not worth the extra cash to upgrade its no faster and will go no higher.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well I'm really not the type to think that any one brand is always better than the others, they tend to leapfrog each other in quality and performance. I like them all regardless of make, I do however have more Arctic Cat clothes and tools. Mo would sh** and possibly die of a heart attack if I showed up on a Doo. Gotta save that for just the right time. (I do actually own a Doo and two Polaris's but don't tell nobody.)

Don't be shy now, big guy......

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a nice machine and has some wicked features. and i am a huge fan of skidoo and i like to promote there product. however if you own a 09/10 xp its not worth the extra cash to upgrade its no faster and will go no higher.

So far this seems to be the case but... The e-tec dumps extra fuel and oil for the first 120L of fuel. I'm no expert but I think that would be like jetting a carb sled too rich for the first 120L which robs power. Perhaps once these are broken in a person will be able to see the true potential of this motor. You may be thinking that all sleds retard the timing during the first 10 hours. We call that a burn in chip, however this only applys when these sleds are at low elevation. So in conclusion I think these e-tecs are limited more during break-in than the Powertecs were. Has anyone burned 3 FULL tanks of gas in theirs yet?

Foxstar

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ur just jealous.....lol and we will just have to see on the hill wont we...hahaha. You will just have to carry a few big rocks in your pack to make it even

fathoot

Reaction score
I just got to ride my new e-tec the other day too, and i got the same reaction, i just can't wait till the break in period is done and it really opens up!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear about the "problems" - you know what I mean, all the new model problems that plague every new model.

I agree, i'm a die hard doo guy but i'm gonna wait til next year to see if they have any problems with this new rig. They look sweet especially the wht/ blk/ org.:d

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Ya if you have e-start they won't come with pull rope. But can get pull rope for 250.00 and it stays under your panel.

Should the electric start or battery die, a rope around the primary clutch should do it.
Broke the rope on my old thundercat, that was a tough sled to start with just a rope on the clutch.:(

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything looks ad feels good. One issue, can anyone explain how to take the right hand plug out? Looks pretty interesting, maybe even more work then taking the pipe off like the cat guys.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should the electric start or battery die, a rope around the primary clutch should do it.
Broke the rope on my old thundercat, that was a tough sled to start with just a rope on the clutch.:(

They offer the pull start kit for $189, part # 860200111, bolts on in a few moments, I'd get one if I had the e/s as I smashed my battery last year and it would have been a shytty weekend without a pull cord.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing to note about this engine is the rev limiter. The motor will almost never rev past 8100RPM. Once it goes passed 8000 the computer system will kick in and limit the revs giving the rider the impression that they are on the right clicker when really they could be one or two high bringing down the peak horsepower. If you start in too low of a clicker and work your way up untill you see 7900-8000 max you will get the most out of it.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing mixed messages. I have heard of a super noticeable rev limiter like you are talking about and I have also heard of the sled just losing power when it gets to 8100 so as to not go to 8200+. Not sure if that makes sense.

Top Bottom