Rode, hauled, removed, tore down, now to replace

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HAHA
Went riding yesterday had a blast, lots of good deep untracked snow by Edson, rode for about 2hrs and then it was like someone hit the kill switch. towed it to the road, got the trucks and loaded it up. Hauled it back to a friends house in Edson and tore the engine out, tore it all down and found the PTO bearing was Screwed. Oh well, the machine has 8000k so now with some new parts she should be good for 8k more

just have one question one are the pro and cons of going with a two ring piston?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of pro's not a lot of cons, better sealing, running etc, no ring flaking, not much cons at all.

maybe stay away from wiseco, as they are very heat sensitive and can seize very easily.

nielsy

Reaction score
i put in 2 spx pistons in an 04 rev and the pin that holds the ring came out enough that the ring turned and broke on the exhaust side broke cylinder and cylinder head machine ran perfect for about an hour

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuilt my 800 ho and used rk tech dual ring from mm sled pulls hard Just have to get right clearance around 500 thou.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just redone mine 5000 k.m on factory piston so went backto B.R,P piston
single ring put on about 700k.m since xmas run runs great! B.R.P all the way

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wiseco's are good, they cold seize if you dont let them warm up, I did that once, you cant just pull and go. But there good, I had SPX's but cant say much about them. Crank broke 10mins after it was running.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put in 2 spx pistons in an 04 rev and the pin that holds the ring came out enough that the ring turned and broke on the exhaust side broke cylinder and cylinder head machine ran perfect for about an hour

That exact thing happened to me a couple weeks ago...except the little pin fell out and dropped into my crank case wrecking that also, and my exhaust valve is pooched too cause it contacted my ring. SP is replacing everyhting for me at no charge....I am a very happy man right now.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that it was the pistons fault, the crank broke at the PTO bearing. So I cant say how good they really are.

Attachments

• SANY0066.JPG
    SANY0066.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 31

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the mcb 2 ring pistions if they make them ........ 299.00 for it all with gaskets

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
im running pro x, 83mm pistons with 5 thou clearance and 18though ring gap, 1200 miles no probs, u need to bore and renikasil but mongoose coatings in port coquitlam can do all that and supply pistons. cost about 1000 for the machining nikasil and pistons.

Top Bottom