rocky rcmp charges atv rider

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a load of b.s from people posting comments on there.

Guy needs fined yes but not 200000 like azzhat greenys are posting.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

so tex just what would be an appropriate fine? one that would get eveyones attention.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was on the alberta outdoorsman forum, looks like a few got fines the first part of august, in the $500 range. From what i read they can fine you for being in any stream or water body! and you are only allowed to cross at designated crossings ie bridges.
Looks like all the public has to do is send them your plate #. may be cheaper to have a real dirty plate! the days of ripping up the backcountry are rapidly coming to an end.

SRD are usually at the sled ahow, ask questions, get informed.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well jeff the fine was $20,000 and the other was $50,000, maximum penalty, doubt if it will be that much. 5 guys the first of august got $500 fines. But you never know.

There will be no go-pro trail cameras on any rides i'm on again

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well jeff the fine was $20,000 and the other was $50,000, maximum penalty, doubt if it will be that much. 5 guys the first of august got $500 fines. But you never know.

There will be no go-pro trail cameras on any rides i'm on again
What's the big deal? Just don't go in streams/rivers/lakes. Mud puddles are not off limits. Our gang is pretty darn good about it.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
Without seeing the video it is hard to draw an opinion but I wonder what the public outcry would be if a group of go pro1 equipped quadders were to post a Dec 1st ride between way points cc3 and cc4 of the Cutoff Creek Area Trail The designated trail appears to lay within the waters of the river for a few km.

If you look closely at that same trail map you'll notice that the year round equestrian trail follows the river for a much greater distance. I have walked a portion of that section of the river and seen the tracks for myself. And yes the wagon trains are meandering through the river making their way through the shallow water. I wonder if the public outcry would be the same.

This pluz seems to be a very popular area for the equestrian groups. It is also a free range cattle area. It is almost impossible to avoid the stench of cow pies lining the shores while walking the cutoff creek to fish.

But hey, the guy cross the creek on an atv... for shame!!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ don't think its the same Klondike Mike.. lol...this one lives up in Edmonton and actually have rode with him quite a few times.. he comes to some of the Calgary clubs rides when the club is camping for the weekend... members of the Calgary club lots of times get a bit more info then the general public do cause our vice pres of the club works directly with SRD....

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were stopped by the srd guys last year at the ram river they crossed the river on quads to get to us as we were parked on a dry part of the to riverr bed and they told us we could cross any stream just to go straight across and go slow to not stir up to much dirt and don't drive up and down the creeks and rivers even if they are an inch deep

We asked about all the the damage the free range cattle have done to the creeks and rivers In the area and they agreed it was very bad but there is nothing that the can do they said

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I do not get is how Alberta closes almost everything down for snowmobiling and quadding. Next thing everyone has to do is load up and come to BC to do any riding. Hopefully your bad attitudes towards the sport does not rub off in BC and close this province down too. Something is just plain wrong in your Province. Maybe lack of fighting or just plain greed towards owning land.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without seeing the video it is hard to draw an opinion but I wonder what the public outcry would be if a group of go pro1 equipped quadders were to post a Dec 1st ride between way points cc3 and cc4 of the Cutoff Creek Area Trail The designated trail appears to lay within the waters of the river for a few km.

If you look closely at that same trail map you'll notice that the year round equestrian trail follows the river for a much greater distance. I have walked a portion of that section of the river and seen the tracks for myself. And yes the wagon trains are meandering through the river making their way through the shallow water. I wonder if the public outcry would be the same.

This pluz seems to be a very popular area for the equestrian groups. It is also a free range cattle area. It is almost impossible to avoid the stench of cow pies lining the shores while walking the cutoff creek to fish.

But hey, the guy cross the creek on an atv... for shame!!

true, but i'm thinking the problem lies not with crossing the creek, but the way he did it, and then bragged to the world his utter stupidity. A few $20,000 fines will get the message accross rather quickly i think.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
true, but i'm thinking the problem lies not with crossing the creek, but the way he did it, and then bragged to the world his utter stupidity. A few $20,000 fines will get the message accross rather quickly i think.

Again, without seeing the video I can't draw an opinion but you're probably right. There are a lot of those types of vids on Utube. There is likely a huge purging of posting on that site right now. ha ha ha

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ don't think its the same Klondike Mike.. lol...this one lives up in Edmonton and actually have rode with him quite a few times.. he comes to some of the Calgary clubs rides when the club is camping for the weekend... members of the Calgary club lots of times get a bit more info then the general public do cause our vice pres of the club works directly with SRD....

LOL, I figured this much and was just playing :D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again, without seeing the video I can't draw an opinion but you're probably right. There are a lot of those types of vids on Utube. There is likely a huge purging of posting on that site right now. ha ha ha

True very true. Will be an awakening for those who like to tear it up

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was on the alberta outdoorsman forum, looks like a few got fines the first part of august, in the $500 range. From what i read they can fine you for being in any stream or water body! and you are only allowed to cross at designated crossings ie bridges.
Looks like all the public has to do is send them your plate #. may be cheaper to have a real dirty plate! the days of ripping up the backcountry are rapidly coming to an end.

way back when i use to not care about money i worked with fisheries and oceans and BC COS... back in early 2000, the fisheries act of Canada carried a max penalty of 1, 000 000 per day for damaging fish habitat... if that river was a salmon spawning river and DFO caught the guys... there wouldn't be a fine... it would be a court appearance the fine for the small guy wouldn't be too harsh but the lawyer costs would be... just saying respect the land, use common sence (ride across at shortest route don't use the creek bed as a road) and be careful... i don't think anyone could blame people for that...

i don't think 20 feet down the river because you were staying on the trail is the problem... heck i seen dfo drive across side channels of the fraser river to check fisherman... just saying

im only guessing but i assume this was bull trout habitat?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I do not get is how Alberta closes almost everything down for snowmobiling and quadding. Next thing everyone has to do is load up and come to BC to do any riding. Hopefully your bad attitudes towards the sport does not rub off in BC and close this province down too. Something is just plain wrong in your Province. Maybe lack of fighting or just plain greed towards owning land.

you bring up an intersting point because here in Alberta it kinda feels like the wild west compared to what we think you guys in BC have to go through... i would've pegged BC and all the NDP bleeding hearts for having already shut down anything fun... thanks for letting us know (me anyhow) i was wrong

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing I read this thread cause I had no idea. I think they need better awareness of this problem, perhaps if more people knew the laws they would follow them.

Most guys out quading are into all sorts of outdoors stuff such as fishing, even the douche bags wouldnt do this if they knew they were killing the fish population.

Top Bottom