rocky rcmp charges atv rider

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a load of b.s from people posting comments on there.

Guy needs fined yes but not 200000 like azzhat greenys are posting.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the exact law? Reading that article one would think you can't cross any creek??

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder which section of Swan Creek it is....?
I am very law-abiding when it comes to creek crossings...straight across, not up and down...but there is a piece where the trail does not line up on either side and it is inevitable that EVERYBODY runs 20 yards down the creek and out the other side. If it was this spot (everyone familiar with the area know where I am talking about...the campfire spot), then we should clear a trail on the side opposite the fire so we can go straight across.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try to follow the rules but have to admit wasn't fully aware of the restrictions crossing creeks. Makes sense about the damage that can be caused to spawning beds though.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very law-abiding when it comes to creek crossings...straight across, not up and down...but there is a piece where the trail does not line up on either side and it is inevitable that EVERYBODY runs 20 yards down the creek and out the other side. If it was this spot (everyone familiar with the area know where I am talking about...the campfire spot), then we should clear a trail on the side opposite the fire so we can go straight across.

Or get SRD to use the fines collected to put a bridge in.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I would have to say its the campfire swan cross.

U have to go up or down to cross forsure

And all the greenys can take pics from the lake.

Now going back and forth is wrong yes.

Wished more people relocated rads , so they don't get hot and look for water to run.

I posted on the paper comments , cause the one guy is like slap a 200000.00 fine.

What about what mother nature did this year. Fine her

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ride with a guy that works for the town of Rocky. He says they (SRD, I think) have been putting trail cams along some of the creek beds and posting the worst offenders in the local paper looking for someone to identify them. I don't imagine they're trying to catch people making a 20 yard crossing so much as they are looking for guys that are really being ignorant. Since the RCMP seem to have no plans to chase down this guy's buddies, it sounds like they are being pretty cool about it and just making an example of the guy who really deserves it.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never even knew there was a law about crossing creeks or any body of water ... not going to lie i use to be one of those guys who would go back and forth in the creek to try and wash out the under carriage ... didnt even give it a thought about spawning areas .. i do know now and will never again

if this dont make any sense blame Ron for his avatar ....lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea for those that don't know, doing donuts in the river trying to clean your POS isn't cool. Im not judging here,, I have friends that Ive seen doing it and I tell them too...WTF have some Fawkin respect.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this fellow for quite some time now... he is a friend, to the point that I have ridden with him before.. never where he was, but locally... he is no different then some or I believe most of us... at one time or another we are all guilty of doing something we should not... I guess going thru deep mud holes, even on the trail is a no go... if there is a route around we should be taking that... that's what they imply...... well never was a deep mud guy.. I guess my 25 " big's vouch for that! lol maybe we need more converting to xc tail riding unstead of mudding... This comes out just before the major meeting here in Calgary on the 17 th of October at 7pm... that's why it is SO IMPORTANT that we get people turning out in numbers to this... THIS IS YOUR FUTURE ON THE TRAILS>> PLEASE try to ATTEND>>>the post on that is here in the mud pit to where it is...plus you get to socialize with people you never met .. maybe from here! lol

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go see the related topics a bit down on the left side of that article.. does nt read to nice for us! just sayin... makes me sick how we get labeled! wonders never cease! lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also know him quite well. He's not the bad guy you guys are making him out to be. I've seen much worse posted on videos and pictures on this very site. He just happened to be the guy they chose to make an example of.
Yeah I have no problem believing that. The enemy doesn't want us out there, simple as that. After they stop us from quadding ext next it will be just don't go there period. On foot, cross country skis, canoe what ever. They don't want us slaves out there. These yuppy green piece fawks don't get it. They aren't welcome in the wilderness ether. Sound crazy? just wait.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody been able to find the actual video from YouTube of what he did would be nice to see for ourselves

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody been able to find the actual video from YouTube of what he did would be nice to see for ourselves
owner deleted all his video's by advise of his lawyer. the only copies would probably be with the rcmp and srd ...I have watched all his vids when they were up on Utube.. nothing different about them then anybody else would do... go ride and not think what the consequences would be if caught... so, if anyone has any discriminating video on popular channels? ...then get rid of them... anyone of you could be next...lol

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have no problem believing that. The enemy doesn't want us out there, simple as that. After they stop us from quadding ext next it will be just don't go there period. On foot, cross country skis, canoe what ever. They don't want us slaves out there. These yuppy green piece fawks don't get it. They aren't welcome in the wilderness ether. Sound crazy? just wait.
Uh yeeeaaahhhhh......The enemy?

Top Bottom