Rhino vs ... opinions

Altapeet

Reaction score
I am looking at selling the quads and getting a sxs this year I have spent some time on the RZR and I like it but getting in and out of it is a bit tight I find . My other consideration is the Rhino 700 .besides the fact it is not as speedy as the RZR I am looking for feedback on the Rhino. Good bad or ugly I would like your thoughts . Not interested in brand slagging just for the sake of slagging ,if you can resist that it would be nice.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Real happy with my Prowler. Talk to Terry @T+T he sells both

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Altapeet

Reaction score
I actually talked to Terry about the Cats but they are just such a big machine I cant really see myself in it , The Ranger did cross my mind , I think they downsized them a bit for 2011 didn't they?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris definately owns SXS's. They got the most models to choose from, and they are all pretty darn good, and some even have EPS.

That being said. I know you don't want bashing, but I'm just stating my opinion, I'd stay away from Arctic Cat. My uncle has a Prowler 700, the thing is garbage and is falling apart. Already lost a wheel out on the trail.. Probably not the funnest thing in the world.

I've also been in Rhino's and they are pretty refined, it'll get you there and back, but don't expect it to do anything fancy like the Polaris, Can-Am or Kawi's.

Altapeet

Reaction score
I guess I am looking at the Rhino based on it's compact size and the Yamaha brand has been good to me in the past,I have been in the old 660 though and was not really too impressed with that.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My second choice after the rzr's would be the can am, then the kawasaki t-rex, not for the speed but the power.

I would agree with that order too, more or less . The singles just don`t have enough torque/power for work or play. And can`t keep up with the other riders.....imo . If it`s work and play the Kawi is an awesome machine,very reliable and tough.The Canam seems awesome but is not proven yet and the ranger is a great unit although more suited for work than play.
For bang for the buck ,the kawi is no 1.....

Tell us more how you plan to use it......

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I am looking at the Rhino based on it's compact size and the Yamaha brand has been good to me in the past,I have been in the old 660 though and was not really too impressed with that.

The 700 isn't any better, wel it does start easier in cold weather I guess thats a plus.

Altapeet

Reaction score
This will be mostly trail riding but want to use it for hunting in the fall as well , I love my quads but they beat me up too much and I want a more comfy ride ( not getting any younger) , we camp and quad most weekends in the summer. I am not a speed demon but like to go places I shouldn't just like everybody else. Thanks for all the input so far , you're making me think outside the box a bit more and that is good.:)

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your looking for something smoother yet better i hate to say it but the S from Rzr seems very refined that way.

Polaris has some different models out that have different suspension packages. take a look at that.

makes a big difference in that area.

just like putting elka shocks on a ATV does.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle has a Prowler 700, the thing is garbage and is falling apart. Already lost a wheel out on the trail.. Probably not the funnest thing in the world.

sorry man but wheels falling off is rider error unless all the studs pulled out.

you always and i mean always re-torque your wheels after low amount of KMs

same thing with cars after getting new tires.

you cant blame something like a wheel flying off as a manufacture error I'm sorry man.

that said ive heard good things about the new big Cat SXS.

other than stupid $h!t that can happen to anyone obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id say kawi or rzr s i have been in all the rhinos and they were slow and rough the teyrex is nice lots of poop comfy to ride in starts good

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the OP mentioned he didnt like the razr for getting in and out of, the same would go for the can am. if you just want a reliable trail/hunting rig, the rhino is a great choice. i love mine. the 700 has enough power to get where your going and do what you need to do in the bush. yamaha is a real stand up reliable machine. if i had to get something other then a rhino with the same set up would be the kawi Teryk. pretty close design to a rhino but with a twin 750 EFI. i find the ranger bench seat would get irritating after a while, though is the easiest to get in and out. JMHO

sledhead

Reaction score
I like my rhino 700, not sure how much power and speed a person needs in a sxs but the 700 works fine for me and my family. Great for hunting and playing.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Rhino four seater and for what I use it for it's perfect. Load the kids in the back and plod down to the river to go fishing or whatever. I hardly ever go faster than what I can get out of low range so extra power isn't needed for how I use it. Think really good golf cart power and speed.
That being said if I was buying today it would be a Teryx

crazy apex

Reaction score
I just bought a Rhino last year and do a lot of hunting and it had no problem pulling out a moose. I know four other people that have the rhino and they all like them but if you want more than about 65km you have to get something else because that is top speed on mine. They also go through the mud just like all the other sxs.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Rhino last year and do a lot of hunting and it had no problem pulling out a moose. I know four other people that have the rhino and they all like them but if you want more than about 65km you have to get something else because that is top speed on mine. They also go through the mud just like all the other sxs.

Everyone who owns a rhino is wishing for more powerfully engine. I have 3000 km on my teryx and this thing is tough. I drive the snot outa it and never had a problem. Yami snaps cv joints if u run aggressive tires. I run big tires and never heard a sound from mine. You will love the teryx

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my Rhino 700 for 2 years. My bride and I have loved every minute of it. It will go through mud like crazy. Climb hills like the dickens. You can ride all day and not get tired and beat up. Top speed is 78 km/hour GPS. It has been very reliable. If your not into huge top end go for it. Oh ya I took that little side bar thingy off the drivers side seat where you slide in and getting in and out is a breeze. The one real down side is it sucks in muskeg.

jimmyjambo

Reaction score
Have mine for only hunting and it is perfect for that.
I would recomend a 2" lift and eps. Not a speed a machine but doesnt sound like you want it for that. I find the ride pretty good, I also put the pressure washer in and man is that thing handy.

Top Bottom