Polaris Highlifter RZR Opinions

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone on here owns a Polaris Highlifter RZR? I would like to hear your opinions of this machine. I did see there were some fire issues which is a little concerning.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone on here owns a Polaris Highlifter RZR? I would like to hear your opinions of this machine. I did see there were some fire issues which is a little concerning.

I have a 2020 with 2000 km on it
Has been fabulous
Have done 3 sets of brakes
1 set of front end bushing
Just changed the belt at 2000 km
just because. Belt was still perfect but figured I should change it

The low gearing is great in trails. Can crawl over stuff

I have had a lot of sxs’s. This is by far the best one. No heat issues in the cab.
No complaints on ride from me.
But some people put different tender springs in. That is personal preference
Mine is stock except accessories.
No clutch kit
No lift kit
Stock tires
Would definitely recommend one
66d34fbe52257715006311106be0cbbe.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks arff. No overheating issues either?
as long as you're paying attention and cleaning the rad out after every ride overheating should not be an issue. Utmost importance is to keep that rad clean!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks arff. No overheating issues either?
Has never overheated. Actually rad stays spotless in stock location.
The front grill also easily removes for extra rad cleaning

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
050f84db6d5b93da852a3651e0914002.jpg

Even in all this mud the rad was still clean.

Plus winch location makes it easy to winch someone out

It is very rare I get stuck.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2015 RZR XP 1000, not quite a highlifter but similar mechanically. Brother in law had a 2016 highlifter, they are a nice machine and fairly capable out of the box, but when you get them stuck you're stuck.

Mechanically mine has been flawless with the exception of the wheel bearings, they last better if you can keep them out of the water, which defeats the point of a Highlifter. At 3600km I'm still on the factory belt. I did the tender spring swap and it does ride smoother but caused a little more body roll at high speed, again not an issue with the highlifter, they don't handle great at high speed anyway. I've never had an issue with overheating, maybe running WFO all day in the desert, but not up here.

I think the fire issues have been dealt with, there's been a few recalls over the years to fix the issues.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2015 RZR XP 1000, not quite a highlifter but similar mechanically. Brother in law had a 2016 highlifter, they are a nice machine and fairly capable out of the box, but when you get them stuck you're stuck.

Mechanically mine has been flawless with the exception of the wheel bearings, they last better if you can keep them out of the water, which defeats the point of a Highlifter. At 3600km I'm still on the factory belt. I did the tender spring swap and it does ride smoother but caused a little more body roll at high speed, again not an issue with the highlifter, they don't handle great at high speed anyway. I've never had an issue with overheating, maybe running WFO all day in the desert, but not up here.

I think the fire issues have been dealt with, there's been a few recalls over the years to fix the issues.
I use the brg greaser and do them every 500 km. Takes me about 1 1/2 max to grease all 4 wheels.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've considered one but never bought it, think I might try the Tiger Tool greaser, supposed to be made in Canada. Mine finally needs brakes pads, could do it all at the same time.
Buy a couple sets of pads for spares. Seems tires and brakes might be difficult to get.
Good luck with brg greaser.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I've considered one but never bought it, think I might try the Tiger Tool greaser, supposed to be made in Canada. Mine finally needs brakes pads, could do it all at the same time.
I picked up a bearing greaser on Sunday from DK Offroad he has them on sale right now for a good price. Also picked up his bushing kits for both of my machines. He only has the 44mm inside diameter ones though. UTV Canada also has bearing greasers for about $35.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the one I had my eye on has sold. But thanks guys for the input. All I have ever had were Can Am products and I am not familiar with Polaris at all.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found a few 2017 and a few 2018's for sale. Are there any differences between the two model years other than color? I have been searching on some forums and I can't find anything other than maybe the wheel bearings are different and the rear tires on the 2018 are wider.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found a few 2017 and a few 2018's for sale. Are there any differences between the two model years other than color? I have been searching on some forums and I can't find anything other than maybe the wheel bearings are different and the rear tires on the 2018 are wider.
I believe the transmission is the same and front diff

My 2020 now has 3500 km on it. Machine is awesome…

Not bad for 18 months old.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

This one is being traded into Redline and one owner with around 4000 kms .
Same as others have said? Nothing but a belt that really didn’t need to be changed .
I know the owner and hasn’t been abused at all . Used mostly for checking cows on grazing lease .

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the transmission is the same and front diff

My 2020 now has 3500 km on it. Machine is awesome…

Not bad for 18 months old.

Unfortunately I can't afford a 2020. But I am glad it has been great for you.
Honestly, parting with the cash for a 17 or 18 is pretty hard on my conscience.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom