Rhino recall

snowzombie

Reaction score
Watching the news last night and they said all models of Rhinos were being recalled. This was a US brodcast but I thought I would pass it along may be worth your while if you own one to check and see if it applies to Canadian models as well.
It was a safety recall relating to rollover type accidents.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
04 to current I believe. The voluntary recall is basically pulling the rear sway bar and installing a couple of wheel spacers, 2" per side or 4" total (just rear axle).

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All years till present. Not sure how this spacer and sway bar disconect will affect people with track kits ??? I for one would like to find out how big these spaces are. Because with after market rims and tires I am already wider then stock.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think Yammi cares about aftermarket tires etc. They are just trying to cover thier azzes with the recall. It's not a mandatory recall. I read somewhere the spacers are 2", not gospel though.

Nor-Val

Reaction score
Its Yamaha's answer to the litigation happy idiots who have trouble walking, never mind driving a machine. If the teryx, prowler, razr, were the first ones to have a sport UTV, they would be the ones getting sued because of some dipsh*** and their inbred dumba** buddies. I have had my rhino on its side twice, and both were totally my fault !!! You don't have to wonder why there are so many Lawyer jokes if you read the papers from anywhere .

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
here's what i got....
doc20090417125642.jpg

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It is too bad that there is such a thing as lawyers for situations like this. Riding an ATV/UTV is a dangerous sport, and everyone knows that you can killed if you go beyond the machines capabilities or yours. When will people learn?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad this is not compulsory. I will not be doing the stupid recall. Hillbilly...I mean dumba...I mean stupid people will continue to be stupid until we all get regulated out of our hobbies.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its Yamaha's answer to the litigation happy idiots who have trouble walking, never mind driving a machine. If the teryx, prowler, razr, were the first ones to have a sport UTV, they would be the ones getting sued because of some dipsh*** and their inbred dumba** buddies. I have had my rhino on its side twice, and both were totally my fault !!! You don't have to wonder why there are so many Lawyer jokes if you read the papers from anywhere .

thank you,,,, as a dealer its soooo frigging frustrating how people can sue over there own stupidity..... i just sit and wait for the steering wheel recall. lol...:confused:

T

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad this is not compulsory. I will not be doing the stupid recall. Hillbilly...I mean dumba...I mean stupid people will continue to be stupid until we all get regulated out of our hobbies.

I'd do the recall, try the spacers out, if you don't like them, sell 'em. I also like my Rhino with the sway bar out, it allows the rear end to articulate better.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd do the recall, try the spacers out, if you don't like them, sell 'em. I also like my Rhino with the sway bar out, it allows the rear end to articulate better.

Hmmm...free recall...if I don't like it I can put it back. Perhaps that's not such a bad idea.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought, but i believe we have to remove and send back the stabilizer bar in the same process as install the wheel spacers, which we have not seen any sign of yet.

waiting from word from the great Y>

T.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought, but i believe we have to remove and send back the stabilizer bar in the same process as install the wheel spacers, which we have not seen any sign of yet.

waiting from word from the great Y>

T.

Thanks T. I think I'll just leave it.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Could you explain a bit more about the sway bar removal. What excactly does that mean that it "articulates better".

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the one side of the sway bar and take it for a drive, you might like it out. It will take all of 5 minutes to take the one side off for a test.
When I say articulates better, think of true independant suspension in the rear, each side allowed to move independant of the other, not coupled by the sway bar. It gives the Rhino a little more sway but the tires stay planted.
If you are using the Rhino for work and hauling sacks of cement over even ground, you may not like it out.
I don't think Yammi would want the spacers back, that would drive the cost of the recall through the roof with freight to get a mountain of sway bars back, but who knows?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did some looking on other forums. Sounds like Yami are going take the sway bar back and the spacers are going to be permanent. Their also saying the dealers can't sell anymore Rhinos until the mod has been done.

Lots of guys removed the sway bar and like it. I think I'll pull mine off and see. I'm really not into getting those spacers tho. I wonder if the Rhino would fit in the back of a pick up.

Top Bottom