Revy - May long weekend????

Beekeeper

Reaction score
A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to go on this time. Is he on glue or yanking my chain.:nono: or :) or :confused:
if this is possible approx. distances from experience up the frisby road or kirkup trail until you hit snow would be appreciated

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to go on this time. Is he on glue or yanking my chain.:nono: or :) or :confused:
if this is possible approx. distances from experience up the frisby road or kirkup trail until you hit snow would be appreciated

07/08 summer went up boulder june 9th using kirkup trail(more shaded) was passed bridge driving and had little dirt on way up.that was better snow yr.
6ft still at cabin.:d:beer:

Frisby- sledding in may no problem! all the way to the back:d:beer:some of the best BBQing is at the cabin up in the mountains:d:d driving upwards of the 6-9K depending on snow yr

I,ve always done may long ride!and bring the ladys in bikini's:d

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on a May 31 trip; we try to do it every year. If you get decent weather you can ride in shorts! I don't think it's worth it unless your going to get blue bird days.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I was lobster red; I rode all day in shorts, sandles, & no shirt!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I was lobster red; I rode all day in shorts, sandles, & no shirt!

:eek::eek:I said lady's in bikini's not dudes in speedo's:d:d
I think I saw you up there one of those day's.Just you and a bud? at the cabin and you used viedeman trail?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be in for a revy ride may long,,,,

rode boulder on fathers day last year,, tonne of snow last year

pics from june 15 last year
shawn 047.jpg

shawn 052.jpg

shawn 053.jpg

shawn 056.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May long is very doable on Boulder, i can't see anyone doing Frisby. Just make sure you take Kirkup and not Vied or Bez, you will be riding creeks and rocks like no other. Best if you have a truck and deck with you that has some big rubber and lifted to bust through some spots with snow on some of the corners but then it's bare again. Last time i did it was 2005, we parked at the long 90 degree corner after the straight section and front side turtle turn off. There was about a foot or so of snow on the corner so couldn't go any further, but as soon as we made it around the corner it was totally bare, never hit really good solid continuous snow till we were close to the Y intersection for Bez and Kirk. Best guess is you have to drive around 10k's but that's just a guess.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 44

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
You can still head up Frisby May long, if the snow has disappeared past the till pit and your driving up further parking is only along the side of the road and there are not a lot of places to turn big trailers around. Definately head up the Kirkup if your going up Boulder, parking areas at 4,6 and 9 km.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I saw you up there one of those day's.Just you and a bud? at the cabin and you used viedeman trail?

Yup, might have been us. I never thought of a speedo...maybe this year; that should get me a whole lot of terrain to myself! I'll have to drink a lot more beer and put a good size gut on - speedos always look better with a nice gut skirt!

Ya we came up Veideman. No problems the first day but there wasn't much trail on the way out the second day (June 1).

Nice pics Shawn, especially the dirt biking. June 15th eh, maybe I'll get three rides in yet this year!

Here's the trail on the way out...

Attachments

• DSCN0563_web.jpg
    DSCN0563_web.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 53

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Were you with these guys?

Attachments

• DSCN0558_web.jpg
    DSCN0558_web.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 55

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO.No just me and bud. I was the gut that came after they got it out and jump in cross both way's and then left lol 05x yeller/blue f$$k that was funny I think they where more pissed how easy I crossed

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think i got some video of you flying across that same pond. You did make it look easy! I think this group was from Sask. and the sled wasn't his! Hell of a weekend!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning some good times on the hill. Gotta somehow keep amy out of the damn airport chutes though - any ideers fellas?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All right, let's line it up!

I won't be able to make the may long - I'm camping with the family. I'm planning on being down there one of the two weekends following the May long - as long as there's blue sky!

take pics of any carnage!

Top Bottom