Restaurant chains

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sawmill.mr Mike's,red lobster,keg are my top four do you agree?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, no, no comment (Allergies), yes (anywhere BUT 170st)

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't had Mr Mikes in years, GP location really went downhill a while back. Maybe it's better now?

State & Main has become our go to. Otherwise the Keg, Earls, or Moxies.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Joey's, their super stoked vodkas are great and the masked potato roll things are amazing. Wife is allergic to the world though so we dont get to branch out much it seems.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had sawmill in GP tonight, was pretty good. I wish I had bigger apatite when I went. Thinking about trying state and main next time through

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keg likely my favorite but holy crow it’s expensive, app, dinner, bottle wine for two $200.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my baseball sirloin is $50 now. Doesn’t seem to be slowing down business as everytime we go it’s advised to get a reservation as full even on week nights

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Deer is like the abyss for chains to be crappy. Mr. Mikes, the keg, state and main all pretty blaaa for what they charge. I know the Keg in Edm, & Calgary seems much better than in Red Deer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to Mr mikes in Kamloops twice this summer and got a dude serving me both times. And the food and drinks suck and was 100$

Earls has nothing but hot chicks in Kamploops.

Joey Kelowna is pretty good too.

Red Deer I dont know. State and main was ok the other day. But not exactly the best restaurants in western Canada..
Sylvan is better food even.

Most of the time im never going to a chain place if im in Calgary or Vancouver.
Sushi Amy in Langley is the best.. .

Last time i was in Big Eddy pub the cooks all quit mid shift. and that was my go to for years... Its getting tough out there. I love bbq at home these days. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to Mr mikes in Kamloops twice this summer and got a dude serving me both times. And the food and drinks suck and was 100$

Earls has nothing but hot chicks in Kamploops.

Joey Kelowna is pretty good too.

Red Deer I dont know. State and main was ok the other day. But not exactly the best restaurants in western Canada..
Sylvan is better food even.

Most of the time im never going to a chain place if im in Calgary or Vancouver.
Sushi Amy in Langley is the best.. .

Last time i was in Big Eddy pub the cooks all quit mid shift. and that was my go to for years... Its getting tough out there. I love bbq at home these days. Lol
Is it a Red Deer thing? Have tried Peters Drive In twice now in Red Deer and it is a far cry from the Calgary location for food quality. I’d honestly rather eat at Rotten Ronnie’s than the Peter’s in Red Deer.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always give 20% even to dudes and for bad service. They just will never see me again.
It burns me to tip piss poor service…. Especially in an establishment where the prices are over inflated.

I’d much prefer a low key mom&pop shop and then tip 30% for a good server.
Typically a better meal, and the owner talks with a person, and serves with a smile!

FWIW- there’s a great little lounge type restaurant in south Calgary called FILO’s. Family owned, been there for years, low turn over of staff, try the Filo’s blonde on tap (its a beer, not the server…)

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a Red Deer thing? Have tried Peters Drive In twice now in Red Deer and it is a far cry from the Calgary location for food quality. I’d honestly rather eat at Rotten Ronnie’s than the Peter’s in Red Deer.

Amen brotha !

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It burns me to tip piss poor service…. Especially in an establishment where the prices are over inflated.

I’d much prefer a low key mom&pop shop and then tip 30% for a good server.
Typically a better meal, and the owner talks with a person, and serves with a smile!

FWIW- there’s a great little lounge type restaurant in south Calgary called FILO’s. Family owned, been there for years, low turn over of staff, try the Filo’s blonde on tap (its a beer, not the server…)

Filos makes great pizza. When we lived in the city we used to order it weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Probably. To be honest last time i was at peters in Calgary i thought it was over rated. That was 15 years ago, never been to the one in red deer

Last edited:
Top Bottom