Reeds for a 2011 M8

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what everyone's running for reeds in their sleds. I forget who was telling me that the stock reeds were cracking and even breaking and getting sucked into the engine causing top end damage, and he recommend some to me but I now have forgot which ones he recommended and was just curios on what everyone was using. Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be putting on a set of Boyesen reeds on my sled next month, from what I gather they are a nicer fit and finish over the V-force reeds.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got a set of vforce but i do hear quite often that the boyesen last much longer. I think u could probably find something better then the reeds to drop $250-300 into tho, u wont really notice much of a difference. For what i know as well the stock ones hold up just fine.

cjay

Reaction score
reeds alone will give some better response when you crack the throttle but will make your mid range much cleaner
stock is fine but if you want priced rite its v force and yes boysen are tougher and last longer but also cost 75 - 100 bucks more
now if you wanna see a big difference try a slp exhaust but know that on the 2010 and newer you ll need a box like the power commander or slp own
at least they can give you a tune thats designed to work with they re exhaust system
all this is equal to an additional 15 - 18 hp

hope this helps

cheers

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boysen radvalves are the way to go IMO they r tougher for sure and work well with additional mods the 100 more is worth the investment as a failed v force will cost u more in the end , 'Marc from our shops got the 800 ho pegged Call him he does a helix and pipe kit combo w rad valves that kicks butt. Beauty is u can do it instages so it hurts less T

tchriste

Reaction score
I have an 09 M8 and have been running V-force for 2 years and have over 2,000 miles on them with zero issues. When I ported the engine and pulled the reeds they were still like new. I would never run a sled without V-force reeds....they do make that much of a difference...

Top Bottom