Recalled jack shaft 08 summit

evan3000

Reaction score
did skidoo do a recall on the jack shaft or drive shaft of the 08 summits, I picked up an 08 and the recall was never done and I was curious what the problem was. Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did skidoo do a recall on the jack shaft or drive shaft of the 08 summits, I picked up an 08 and the recall was never done and I was curious what the problem was. Thanks
was a problem with the material, some twisted apart and others just spun the ends. we welded them on a bunch of XP's and ran them for the rest of '08 until we got replacements. how many miles on it?

SKIDOODRIVESHAFT001Small-1.jpg

SKIDOODRIVESHAFT003Small-1.jpg

evan3000

Reaction score
the sled has 2000 km on it now. and never had problems, but I dont want to chance it. This sled came across the border brand new and the dealer wasnt to helpful at the time, has anybody else had luck with getting the shaft replaced on brp's dime on there 08 that came from the states?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i remember right most dealers where telling guys with american sleds to take a hike with all warranty. I think its one of these things when you get a sled from down there. Save a bunch of cash but get no warranty.

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
Its no problem to get it replaced, mine is from the states and I got it done at turple Bros with no question asked!!! Its not a warranty issue, its a recall issue. Just call BRP and tell them your serial #, and get your address changed from the previous owner(state side) to your Canadian address. No problems, hope this helps!!!

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sled has 2000 km on it now. and never had problems, but I dont want to chance it. This sled came across the border brand new and the dealer wasnt to helpful at the time, has anybody else had luck with getting the shaft replaced on brp's dime on there 08 that came from the states?

Got mine done at Martin South no questions asked!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between a warranty claim and a safety recall. This one is a recall. They have to honor it, I would think.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between a warranty claim and a safety recall. This one is a recall. They have to honor it, I would think.
ya a safety recall we did lots out of state sled ,handwarmers were not covered.

Top Bottom