RCMP incident .Thoughts?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So was this thread moderated or did something go wrong with site ?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Giving my opinion on an incident is running my mouth? OK BIG MAN.
That 54 number sounds like we are a violent society. Heart failure is in the line of duty?
And IF you read back afew pages you will see the RCMP new's release on the incident.

If you include heart attack's ,car accident's ,work place accident's, and lung cancer.
prob 5 or 10 thousand oilfield guy's have died in the same time period.
WTF does that have to do with anything?

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Giving my opinion on an incident is running my mouth? OK BIG MAN.
That 54 number sounds like we are a violent society. Heart failure is in the line of duty?
And IF you read back afew pages you will see the RCMP new's release on the incident.

If you include heart attack's ,car accident's ,work place accident's, and lung cancer.
prob 5 or 10 thousand oilfield guy's have died in the same time period.
WTF does that have to do with anything?

you mad bro?

or just hurt feelers?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NAH, not mad,A hole pizzes me off yapping about 54 brave men and women have died in the line of duty.
and guy's like him don't give 2 shyt's about the people that die for their job that aren't wearing a uniform.
Don't get me wrong ANYONE that die's at work,on their way to work ,or as a result from the work they did
is awfull. But some D-bag's just think a uniform makes them national hero's.
One of my friend's died on his way to work,I don't know where the National monument is in Ontario with his
name on it? I don't remember Harper at his funeral.

What you being a Dyck for 007? I do something to you.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you get hit by bullets in a shoot out between police and offender ,maybe.Could you get hit or run over by a police vehicle in a car chase maybe.But i think in the long run your odds are waaaay higher of being involved as a victim of a offender than of a police officer ! Its easy to talk about the shat after it happens and boast that this or that could of been done.There are rules (inquiry) after a shooting ..even if a officer pulls out his gun and dosnt shoot . You know they say a pic is worth a 1000 words (came across this vid a couple of days ago) what would you of done if you where the officer (try to watch the whole vid. http://youtu.be/cDgmjPAsnFA

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NAH, not mad,A hole pizzes me off yapping about 54 brave men and women have died in the line of duty.
and guy's like him don't give 2 shyt's about the people that die for their job that aren't wearing a uniform.
Don't get me wrong ANYONE that die's at work,on their way to work ,or as a result from the work they did
is awfull. But some D-bag's just think a uniform makes them national hero's.
One of my friend's died on his way to work,I don't know where the National monument is in Ontario with his
name on it? I don't remember Harper at his funeral.

What you being a Dyck for 007? I do something to you.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

but I also believe that if we don't stand behind our police and respect their decisions things will get out of hand. Without using real names the reserve north of us has some bad **** going on there. It needs to be dealt with. If not nobody will be safe in the town of Lloyd. If it continues you won't be safe or your kids Won't be safe at the bar at closing time. How about metal detectors in all the schools, bars, and such. Respect the police is all I ask. If he pulled his gun and fired I guarantee he had a reason to do so. He already has to do a mountain of paper work explaining his reasons.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never Said I was an Expert and YES I do know the situation you talked about. A Cop is a person and since day one people have made mistakes. Its sad yes but it happened and it can not be changed.

Our judicial system sucks.

It has been said over and over that the criminal has more rights then RCMP member.
We can't protect our property because guns kill people. People Kill People, not guns.
Our houses are broke into by Military after a flood to have our guns taken away to supposedly keep them out of the hands of criminals when they are to be kept in a safe under lock and key.
Someone is stealing your quad but you can't protect it only watch him take it. God help you if you threaten him with a gun.

Let me ask you this do You want a world where you can't protect yourself. What if someone comes into your house with guns knowing your home. What are you going to do? Tell him No.

We have a society where we tell someone to protect us against people that don't follow laws and uses guns. People that do BnE's and flee. But we get upset if the cop pulls his gun out of his holster. Did that criminal have a gun? Was he ready to use it? What if he was the first to fire, would we be taking about the Cop who fired on a fleeing truck then. How can we ask someone to put his life in danger for our protection against people that will and can use a gun and maybe under the influence of drugs and tell him to use a slingshot to protect himself.

It was NOT the millitary that looted homes in High River. It was entirely the RCMP.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Lloydminster, Alberta – Following an incident in Lloydminster on January 27, 2015, Lloydminster RCMP officer have charged Joel Dillon, 20-years-old of Lloydminster and Lynden Belly, 29-years-old of Onion lake, Saskatchewan.
The RCMP are still seeking the public`s assistance on any information about the outstanding 1993 Chevrolet stolen pickup truck

Both men were charged with Attempted murder with a motor vehicle, two counts of Possession of stolen property under $5000.00, Break and Enter to a Business and Evade police in a motor vehicle while being pursued.
Both individuals remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in Lloydminster Saskatchewan Provincial court on January 29, 2015, Saskatchewan to answer to these charges.
The RCMP are still seeking the public`s assistance on any information about the outstanding 1993 Chevrolet stolen pickup truck described earlier.
Alberta RCMP Media Relations Officer

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And, now, in light of these NEWLY RELEASED FACTS I have no problem AT ALL with the officer discharging his weapon.
Only fact is that they were charged with attempted murder with a vehicle, does not mean they actually tried to run down a police officer. Cops have been known to press bogus charges in the past to try to defend their actions.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only fact is that they were charged with attempted murder with a vehicle, does not mean they actually tried to run down a police officer. Cops have been known to press bogus charges in the past to try to defend their actions.

thats a stretch with all the cameras rolling these days, we are as canadians a little more passive. sad thing is they will get little time in jail or time served.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a stretch with all the cameras rolling these days, we are as canadians a little more passive. sad thing is they will get little time in jail or time served.
Hey I hope I'm wrong, but they've been caught more than once lying about what happened. Hopefully the truth comes out and if these guys did try to run them over, I have no issue with the cops firing their weapons to defend themselves, but don't for one minute think that they won't try everything to cover their asses if they were in the wrong.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

And, if it's all FACTS, then they should have not only shot at him, but killed him too. No worries about inadequate jail time and taxpayer burden that way.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, cops in the US shot a 12 year old boy with an airsoft gun BEFORE THEY EVEN GAVE HIM TIME TO PUT IT DOWN!!
You honestly want it to be that way here? What if the cop thinks you committed a crime, but you didn't but you get shot for it. You'll think differently then.

Now were twisting facts....

look at the video, cops were responding to a person spotted with a gun, as they're driving up the person, is moving rapidly towards the cops with the gun out and pointed at the cop cops, the officer draws his gun, steps out in the line of fire and shots.....

He then learns it’s a kid with an airsoft pistol.....it's a tragedy that a 12 year old boy is dead, but I don’t blame the cop, not in this case….

Are there and will there be brutality by cops that could and or should have been avoided, yes, but look back at all the complaints on this site about, stolen this and stolen that and cops not doing anything….

Too many criminals know how to play the system and they get away with the crime or very little punishment, don’t know what the answer is, I don’t want a police state…..but something has to change.

I’ve been pulled over for speeding Texas, when you see a cop standing beside his car, with your hand on his gun and he tells you to place both hands on the wheel……I just did what he said, I was speeding.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only people that know the truth are the guy's in the truck and the officer involved.
Maybe there was other officers close by as well,who know's.Only other thing I have heard
is from people that were listening to their scanners.They said officer on radio said
"shots were fired at the engine to dissable it as it went past" Then other radio chatter was
about the truck that got away.
Something smell's funny to me,but what do I know besides nothing.
IF...................... these guy's did make a move or whatever in the officers direction,why did he
(supposedly) say he fired at the engine as it went past? Why wouldn't he say something like
"holly crap these guy's just tried to hit me?"

I'm gona shut my big yap now.

Top Bottom