RCMP incident .Thoughts?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mean while my daughter has been in lockdown at her school this past hour due to a gunmen across the street. Glad they did not shoot him so he can flee to another town in near future to succeed in killing someones family member(s). Protecting scum is a joke

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Mean while my daughter has been in lockdown at her school this past hour due to a gunmen across the street. Glad they did not shoot him so he can flee to another town in near future to succeed in killing someones family member(s). Protecting scum is a joke

How did you get from a guy going around a spike belt to a Gunman beside a childrens school? 2 COMPLETELY different scenarios!!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What makes you an expert? Do you even know about the situation I referenced?

Never Said I was an Expert and YES I do know the situation you talked about. A Cop is a person and since day one people have made mistakes. Its sad yes but it happened and it can not be changed.

Our judicial system sucks.

It has been said over and over that the criminal has more rights then RCMP member.
We can't protect our property because guns kill people. People Kill People, not guns.
Our houses are broke into by Military after a flood to have our guns taken away to supposedly keep them out of the hands of criminals when they are to be kept in a safe under lock and key.
Someone is stealing your quad but you can't protect it only watch him take it. God help you if you threaten him with a gun.

Let me ask you this do You want a world where you can't protect yourself. What if someone comes into your house with guns knowing your home. What are you going to do? Tell him No.

We have a society where we tell someone to protect us against people that don't follow laws and uses guns. People that do BnE's and flee. But we get upset if the cop pulls his gun out of his holster. Did that criminal have a gun? Was he ready to use it? What if he was the first to fire, would we be taking about the Cop who fired on a fleeing truck then. How can we ask someone to put his life in danger for our protection against people that will and can use a gun and maybe under the influence of drugs and tell him to use a slingshot to protect himself.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you regarding our rights to protect ourselves, but the POLICE do not. They will be the first to charge you if you use a gun to protect yourself, but will lie to defend themselves for mistakes (Vancouver Airport situation) or will defend their right to shoot someone without a moment's hesitation (situation of the 12 year old boy). There have been numerous situations in this country where a homeowner or a business owner is being threatened with violence, with the perpetrators possessing weapons, and when the home or business owner tries to protect themselves with a firearm, the POLICE are only too happy to charge them, take away their guns, and make their lives miserable thereafter. So if they don't think we have the right to even think about using a firearm to protect ourselves, why should they just have carte blanche fire their weapons any damn time they feel like it?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you regarding our rights to protect ourselves, but the POLICE do not. They will be the first to charge you if you use a gun to protect yourself, but will lie to defend themselves for mistakes (Vancouver Airport situation) or will defend their right to shoot someone without a moment's hesitation (situation of the 12 year old boy). There have been numerous situations in this country where a homeowner or a business owner is being threatened with violence, with the perpetrators possessing weapons, and when the home or business owner tries to protect themselves with a firearm, the POLICE are only too happy to charge them, take away their guns, and make their lives miserable thereafter. So if they don't think we have the right to even think about using a firearm to protect ourselves, why should they just have carte blanche fire their weapons any damn time they feel like it?

The POLICE abide by a set of rules/laws, its our justice system that fails here not the RCMP.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's face it. The bad guys know that if they run, they'll likely not be shot at and if they flee fast enough, the cops will call off the chase. They know if they act aggressively enough they will likely escape. Those of you here that are peeing in your panties every time you say the word "gun" and think that the cop was wrong are part of the mindset that causes the cops to hesitate in a threatening situation and encourages the bad guys try aggressively to escape.
if you act aggressively towards a cop and commit a deliberate act that threatens his life either by hand or using a weapon ( a vehicle is a BIG weapon) you deserve to be shot. Period. I don't agree with everything cops do, and some are buttheads that should find a new job, but for the most part they make good decisions most of the time.
Criminals in this country don't respect or fear the cops or the justice system. There are people walking among us who shouldn't be allowed in society. If you chose to steal from another, then attempt escape violently, your should understand that your actions may end in your death.
Its time to start removing criminals from society. Some permanently.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The bottom line here is that the OP asked for comments on the story as we knew it AT THAT TIME. Nothing about putting anyones life in danger. Nothing about possessing a weapon (other than the truck, which we STILL don't know was a "weapon"). Nothing about there being children near by. I was merely commenting on that PRECISE situation AS WE KNEW IT. Buddy was suspected of B&E, didn't stop for police, and evaded a spike belt. PERIOD!! THAT'S WHAT WE KNEW!!!! Should he be shot for THAT?!?!?!? HELL NO!!!

In most, if not ALL of these completely made up situations that you guys have come up with, I would likely completely agree with using a gun.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope we don't end up with a society in which the police are so "nervous" that I get shot because his/her gun is out during a routing traffic stop and they think that I'm reaching for a gun or I sneeze or do something else unexpected.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, meant to quote 007sevens last post in my post before this one. We all should have the right to protect ourselves, but you do not ever see the Police advocating that.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bottom line here is that the OP asked for comments on the story as we knew it AT THAT TIME. Nothing about putting anyones life in danger. Nothing about possessing a weapon (other than the truck, which we STILL don't know was a "weapon"). Nothing about there being children near by. I was merely commenting on that PRECISE situation AS WE KNEW IT. Buddy was suspected of B&E, didn't stop for police, and evaded a spike belt. PERIOD!! THAT'S WHAT WE KNEW!!!! Should he be shot for THAT?!?!?!? HELL NO!!!

In most, if not ALL of these completely made up situations that you guys have come up with, I would likely completely agree with using a gun.

so a quick review of the facts that the cop on the roadway knew at the time:

suspect in B&E.
Fleeing police
refusing to stop
refusing to stop again by evading spike belt.

we have the benefit of playing Monday morning quarterback and get lots of time to assess the situation. That cop had mere seconds.
From my perspective, the only mistake the cop made was in his selection of weapon. Instead of his handgun he should have unloaded his 12 gauge into the windshield.

SHOULD HE BE SHOT?? HELL YES!!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, meant to quote 007sevens last post in my post before this one. We all should have the right to protect ourselves, but you do not ever see the Police advocating that.

Agreed. Unfortunate but true. Too often it's the crown prosecutor that forces the cops to act.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In Barrhead? I seen some of my buddies had that on Facebook. See just cause it's a small town in good old friendly Canada doesn't mean it won't happen. Have grown up in that town I figure it's probably some red neck just out for a walk lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

suspect in B&E.
Fleeing police
refusing to stop

we have the benefit of playing Monday morning quarterback and get lots of time to assess the situation. That cop had mere seconds.
From my perspective, the only mistake the cop made was in his selection of weapon. Instead of his handgun he should have unloaded his 12 gauge into the windshield.

Like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Suspect in b&e.
Fleeing police
refusing to stop

We have the benefit of playing monday morning quarterback and get lots of time to assess the situation. That cop had mere seconds.

Should he be shot?? Hell yes!!

like !

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but does the article say just how many shots were fired, and if so were they actually went since they never hit the suspect??

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

suspect in B&E.
Fleeing police
refusing to stop

Where are you getting your facts from regarding the situation at hand?
The police knew what the truck's looked like and the direction they were going,to my knowledge that is how they got
infront of them to laydown a spike belt.
NOWHERE does it say that the vehicles were being chased and were refusing to stop.
NOWHERE does it say the vehicle evaded the spike belt.
Hell, I don't know MAYBE the guy did try to go around the belt.But if so, why doesn't the statement mention that?
IF THE OFFICERS LIFE WAS THREATENED IN ANY WAY, you would think it would have been mentioned....................

Like I said before I hate thieving scumbag's as much as the next guy,I hate repeat offenders being let out again
and again.Totally agree with someone that said earlier that our society would be better off if quite afew people
just magically vanished. All I meant to say is that a fire arm should only be pulled and used in a very dire situation.
IMO if a weapon is EVER UNHOLSTERED a serious review should be done to make sure the situation indeed called
for it.
Cop's in the states draw and point their weapons all of the time.IMO that's scary as shyt.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Suspect in b&e.
Fleeing police
refusing to stop

We have the benefit of playing monday morning quarterback and get lots of time to assess the situation. That cop had mere seconds.

Should he be shot?? Hell yes!!

hell yah!!!!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting your facts from regarding the situation at hand?
The police knew what the truck's looked like and the direction they were going,to my knowledge that is how they got
infront of them to laydown a spike belt.
NOWHERE does it say that the vehicles were being chased and were refusing to stop.
NOWHERE does it say the vehicle evaded the spike belt.
Hell, I don't know MAYBE the guy did try to go around the belt.But if so, why doesn't the statement mention that?
IF THE OFFICERS LIFE WAS THREATENED IN ANY WAY, you would think it would have been mentioned....................

Like I said before I hate thieving scumbag's as much as the next guy,I hate repeat offenders being let out again
and again.Totally agree with someone that said earlier that our society would be better off if quite afew people
just magically vanished. All I meant to say is that a fire arm should only be pulled and used in a very dire situation.
IMO if a weapon is EVER UNHOLSTERED a serious review should be done to make sure the situation indeed called
for it.
Cop's in the states draw and point their weapons all of the time.IMO that's scary as shyt.

Requiring an inquisition every time a cop unholsters creates doubts and hesitation in their minds that could have dire consequences for them and us.
Should that cop have to justify why he shot? Maybe, but he shouldn't be afraid to do so if the situation requires it.
I can't understand this irrational fear of firearms.

Top Bottom