RCMP incident .Thoughts?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is what was on the radio.More info is needed to make an opinion,
but what are your thoughts as to right or wrong?

Last night or early this morning 2 truck's were seen leaving a reported B&E
A spike belt was used on 1 truck,(I don't know if the truck went over it or around it)
Then an officer fired at the vehicle as it went past.The truck was pulled over and occupants
arrested shortly after.Some sort of RCMP response team is here now interviewing the officer
as to why he fired his pistol.

As stated above more info is needed(was the officer in danger ect.)
What are your thought's as to when is deadly force justified?

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is what was on the radio.More info is needed to make an opinion,
but what are your thoughts as to right or wrong?

Last night or early this morning 2 truck's were seen leaving a reported B&E
A spike belt was used on 1 truck,(I don't know if the truck went over it or around it)
Then an officer fired at the vehicle as it went past.The truck was pulled over and occupants
arrested shortly after.Some sort of RCMP response team is here now interviewing the officer

as to why he fired his pistol.

As stated above more info is needed(was the officer in danger ect.)
What are your thought's as to when is deadly force justified?

if the truck in question would have stopped no bullet necessary. Otherwise in the wrong have add her. Maybe it will set an example for other criminals!!!

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only issue I have with that though, is the times in which they use there sidearm.

No one deserves to be shot for simply fleeing a SUSPECTED b&e. But a few years back, they stood around for hours whatching a guy cut off another fellas head, and then start to consume him. Or how about hauling in a convicted child molester/rapist/murderer... you know, the kind that is 'knowin to police', repeat offender type. Why do those never seem to get shot or at least shot at??

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also the officer that witnessed the beheading took his own life not that long ago
...im with the cops if they resist arrest and fleeing a police car with lights flashing,going around a spike belt they should be fired at ... too many police /rcmp getting shot at
The only issue I have with that though, is the times in which they use there sidearm.

No one deserves to be shot for simply fleeing a SUSPECTED b&e. But a few years back, they stood around for hours whatching a guy cut off another fellas head, and then start to consume him. Or how about hauling in a convicted child molester/rapist/murderer... you know, the kind that is 'knowin to police', repeat offender type. Why do those never seem to get shot or at least shot at??

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
if the truck in question would have stopped no bullet necessary. Otherwise in the wrong have add her. Maybe it will set an example for other criminals!!!

Have at er until an innocent bystander take a ricochet and ends up dead. I think they're only allowed to fire when they feel their own life is in danger. An escaping vehicle does not constitute that. But believe me..... I am NOT sticking up for the criminal. This last RCMP incident, the second worst part of the whole story is that the guilty offed himself. The police should have gotten that luxury.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have at er until an innocent bystander take a ricochet and ends up dead. I think they're only allowed to fire when they feel their own life is in danger. An escaping vehicle does not constitute that. But believe me..... I am NOT sticking up for the criminal. This last RCMP incident, the second worst part of the whole story is that the guilty offed himself. The police should have gotten that luxury.

that speeding out of control truck isnt a weapon?. are they not endangering the police officers life and innocent people on the road?.

i say shoot those scum bags in the face.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
OP said the officer shot at the vehicle as it went past. Didn't say ANYTHING about being out of control. I don't think the officers life was in danger as the vehicle went past. I could be wrong. Maybe next time you speed past a vehicle or drive too fast for slippery road conditions, etc, you should be "shot in the face".

Last edited:

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OP said the officer shot at the vehicle as it went past. Didn't say ANYTHING about being out of control. I don't think the officers life was in danger as the vehicle went past. I could be wrong. Maybe next time you speed past a vehicle or drive too fast for slippery road conditions, etc, you should be "shot in the face".
I think someone is forgetting the attempt to stop said vehicle. (Spike belt).

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

speeding away from a break and enter fleeing from police and avoiding road blocks and endangering lives driving at reckless speeds on our roads...yea he was out for a sunday drive with his wife and kids.
:policecar2:pull over scumbag

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
if that was your house that got robbed and your sled was taken ... how would you feel ???

1 cop told me a criminal in cuffs has more rights than he does ...

You wanna play the "if" game? Sure.

What if it was your kid that got hit with a stray bullet and ended up in the hospital, or worse? Just cause someone was suspected of breaking and entering. Hell, even if "he" DID break and enter. Hell, let's say he broke into YOUR house and stole YOUR stuff, but you end up with one less child? Goods are not a fair trade for a life.

Again, I say, let's spray the neighbourhood with bullets for a break in.

Do I think officers should be allowed to protect themselves? Absolutely!! With a gun? You betcha!! Over a suspected B&E and fleeing from police? No way! Like I said before, the dude that very recently offed himself should have been blown away by police. The dude that decapitates someone on a bus? Drill him. Speeding down a street and avoiding a spike belt? Not in this lifetime.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You people that are all for giving RCMP full support, just remember it could be a very slippery slope. And I am in no way supporting criminals.

I would be all for giving the RCMP more support, as long as they raise the standards for employment. They all know the risks involved before hiring on. If you DON'T want to be in harms way, don't join. It's that simple.

There is nothing wrong with criminals getting shot, as long as it's the right ones. And again, I don't think that theft justifies shooting someone. Even the pursuit might not be as dangerous as some are making it out to be. Maybe it is, but none of us were there. If they tried to drive over the mountie, then yes. But to be honest, the amount of shooting practice some of these guys get that might pose more of a threat to the public then a guy driving away rapidly. I'm not bashing, I'm just stating facts.

Last edited:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with x-treme here.So far there is no evidence that the vehicle was
being used as a weapon.Also reckless speed's and endangering the public is not info that
has been presented. So, why assume? Also comparing this to an officer being shot at is OFFSIDE.
Don't get me wrong ,I hate thieving scumbags as much as the next guy,but deadly force
is a whole new ball game.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and everyone on here bitches about sleds getting stolen and the cops should do more ... but ...

we should just let them drive away at high speed eh? ... he might be a good guy during the day ...

fark him, got nothing to hide then stop and prove it ...

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if that was your house that got robbed and your sled was taken ... how would you feel ???

1 cop told me a criminal in cuffs has more rights than he does ...

Really.............??????????????
Like the guy in handcuff's in vancouver that the cop's tazered 3 times, then they all stood there and watched him die.
AND...........when medical personel tried to revive him the cop's wouldn't take the cuff's off of him.
I'm not trying to open up a can of worm's here,but those cop's in vancouver should have went to jail for manslaughter.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a job and I dont evade police so not worried about them shooting me. If that high speed truck would have took out your wife and kids from his reckless driving blowing through an intersection you would not be feeling sorry for the criminal would you. I hope the rcmp get some support for not bending over

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with x-treme here.So far there is no evidence that the vehicle was
being used as a weapon.Also reckless speed's and endangering the public is not info that
has been presented. So, why assume? Also comparing this to an officer being shot at is OFFSIDE.
Don't get me wrong ,I hate thieving scumbags as much as the next guy,but deadly force
is a whole new ball game.

because he was evading police doing the speed limit not breaking any laws.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and everyone on here bitches about sleds getting stolen and the cops should do more ... but ...

we should just let them drive away at high speed eh? ... he might be a good guy during the day ...

fark him, got nothing to hide then stop and prove it ...

we all want the police to do more in situations like this, i say its justified and want to see more scumbags treated this way.

Top Bottom