Rave valve questions

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i got my new engine in the mail the other day and everything looked good until i noticed there was a extra sensor on the head..... do i need to switch the head? or can i just leave the sensor on the top of the head unplugged??

and another question, can i delete the system just by pinching the lines that go to the pod on the top of the valve? or should i use my old valves from the non rave engine....:confused:

any help would be great.
thanks, mike

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a 2004 chassis and the eng is from a 2005 800 ho
ok i got my new engine in the mail the other day and everything looked good until i noticed there was a extra sensor on the head..... do i need to switch the head? or can i just leave the sensor on the top of the head unplugged??

and another question, can i delete the system just by pinching the lines that go to the pod on the top of the valve? or should i use my old valves from the non rave engine....:confused:

any help would be gresy.
Thanks, mike

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yikes...id suggest picking up the rest of the parts from the 2005 engine. like the computer and the rave module. not sure how it will run without the engine knock sensor...

someone might have a little more knowledge on the subject.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got all my answers off a fellow of snowest he told me you can run without the knock sensor and i agree.All i need todo is switch out the exhaust valves for the old ones and remove the knock sensor or leave it in unplugged.
All rave is just a vacuum assist for the exhaust valve then in return gives you better fuel economy and alittle more power because it can open faster and less restriction from what i can understand.
i will post a little clip once i get her going.

cheers, Mike

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got all my answers off a fellow of snowest he told me you can run without the knock sensor and i agree.All i need todo is switch out the exhaust valves for the old ones and remove the knock sensor or leave it in unplugged.
All rave is just a vacuum assist for the exhaust valve then in return gives you better fuel economy and alittle more power because it can open faster and less restriction from what i can understand.
i will post a little clip once i get her going.

cheers, Mike

The RAVE just controls the exhaust port height. more pressure/vacuum, more opening. Its designed to give max low end torque and then open the port up on top to let the motor breath. By taking away the vacuum you will either put it in full open or full close, you will lose a little bit of power depending on which way you have it, but depending on how you ride you probably won't really notice a big difference.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just noticed my intake boots arent in to good of shape, curious to see if anyone has a set kicking around???
:D mike

Top Bottom