Summit 850 Rave Valve Cleaning on Warranty?

eagles22

Reaction score
My sled was running terribly on the top end of the power band. Long story short. Thought it might be a plug, changed them, still didn't work so i took it in thinking it might be the rave valves. They told me they won't cover that on warranty as it is a maintenance issue. Any one else run into this at their dealer? To me, if you have to take your sled in to be put on the computer to adjust to the valves after they have been "maintained" it isn't exactly something that can be done at home. Or am i crazy. $400.00 to get them cleaned and new gaskets by the way.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Ahhhh!
There is many ways to skin a cat?
Raves are NOT covered under warranty. you are correct.
BUT, BUT, if the gaskets are failed, That is then covered under warranty.

I know because both of my Rave gaskets were cracked/failed. Wink Wink.
Rave valves cleaned, adjusted, new gaskets all under warranty.
Unless something has changed?
This was on an 800 Etec just before warranty ended...

Again, depends on the dealer....
I would onlly go to my dealer that I bought my sleds from...

They can tell if they are out on the B.U.D.D.S.
Seem a little strange to have Rave outs on an 850. not saying impossible.

Are u using BRP oil or someone elses?

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2018 went in 3 times for rave problems. first gaskets then rave spade seals then actuator motor. all warranty. if oil is leaking from that area good to go!

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an injector fail and the ECM fried as a result. Took it in because the sled wouldn’t run worth a sh$t! They replaced the injector, ECM, and plugs under warranty. Took it to the mountains and it would run but as I’m climbing it would pulse, almost like a surge then a pull back. Took it back in and they said it was the Raves which aren’t covered under warranty. I said the sled was flooding with fuel and oil and that caused the Raves to gum up. They cleaned the Raves and replaced the leaking gaskets under warranty. Hope this helps.

ontopoftheworld

Reaction score
I had an injector fail and the ECM fried as a result. Took it in because the sled wouldn’t run worth a sh$t! They replaced the injector, ECM, and plugs under warranty. Took it to the mountains and it would run but as I’m climbing it would pulse, almost like a surge then a pull back. Took it back in and they said it was the Raves which aren’t covered under warranty. I said the sled was flooding with fuel and oil and that caused the Raves to gum up. They cleaned the Raves and replaced the leaking gaskets under warranty. Hope this helps.
my injector/ecm failed first ride out this season. i have been dealing with the "pulse" climbing in the mountains as well. did you also experience back firing? how about mid range power? thank you in advance

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No backfiring just a mid range pulse. The power was good but if I was doing climb , and not honking on it,, it would pulse. Just felt funny. I’m heading back out next week and will be able to see if they fixed it.

Top Bottom