random question guys

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a buyer for my truck im selling, he would like to pick it up tomorrow but the issue is there is no way for him to buy a permit or insure it in the small town we will be meeting in to make the deal/sale. he is asking to use our plates we have on the truck to drive the 2.5 hours home. i have never had this come up before and just wanted to ask some of you what you think. should i let him use the plates? im thinking im better off trying to pick up a permit intown before we leave and have him call the place when im there and have them make the permit in his name? thanks for the info

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is in BC but in Alberta you have a few days to get the proper plates on it. He can just screw on plates from his other vehicle.

beaker

Reaction score
In BC if you buy a vehicle you can use the plate off your old vehicle and have 10 days to transfer.Dont let someone use your plates to drive the vehicle as you are liable if he gets in a accident.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, thats what i was thinking. i told him my connserns about it. most i will do is try to get a permit for him in town but in HIS NAME :) or else i will hold truck for him untill next weekend and he can come pick it up :)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, thats what i was thinking. i told him my connserns about it. most i will do is try to get a permit for him in town but in HIS NAME :) or else i will hold truck for him untill next weekend and he can come pick it up :)

With a deposit of course

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only the owner can get registration of the vehicle. Insurance must be provided as with proof of purchase to get it also.

I would just let him do his own stuff. There are registries everywhere, and he is gonna have to be a big boy and do it himself.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO-NO-NO once the guy leaves yer driveway with your plate you will never see him again, and the guy can ride your plates and truck all year, and can obtain a sticker from any other vehicle and attach it to your plate and keep going, you may be in for a lot of legal hassle. heard the licence stickers are getting 50 bucks on the street in gp.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even let anyone take a vehicle for a test drive without me on my insurance, No way would I let him drive away for good on it. He plays hit and run, you go to jail.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When he pays you for the truck i would like to borrow the money from you. I will pay you back on Tuesday, i promise.LOL
PS dont let him use the plate.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive left my plate and insurance on trucks that i've sold. Worst case scenario you report the plate stolen if you never see it again....I've had 3/3 come back to me.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify something, you have 2 weeks to transfer your registration but you still need insurance before you move anuwhere.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle on a public road without proper insurance. You can transfer registration temporarily but eventually you have to register it properly.

Just to clarify something, you have 2 weeks to transfer your registration but you still need insurance before you move anuwhere.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to the op. just tell the guy to bring a plate from another vehicle he owns. All it takes is a phone call to his ins company and it will be covered. Just like bringing a new one home from the lot

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, the truck is gone :D he used his own plate off his chevy that gets parked for the winter and made up a signed transfer saying he sold the truck to his wife. i have my plate and $5000. now time to look for a new truck before the snow flys, kinda miss the truck but i know it was time to sell it. f350's with the triton v10 are not the best trucks to own. i never knew untill i bought it. and then i learned there issues. fuel milage and puking spark plugs out of the heads. luckly i only had 2 plugs blow out since i owned it but there are 8 more that could pop and at $200-$300 a hit it adds up going ten rounds haha. all in all the truck served us well.

Top Bottom