Random Acts of Kindness

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we found a play area up the grey creek pass. Had our fun and looked at the clock and GPS, I was likely to be late for dinner reservations with the g/f. We had encountered a group of three who were over from the grey creek side. They showed us a quicker way back to the 'highway' as we were WAY closer to grey creek than home.

Didn't catch their names, but I owe you cats a beer. Thanks.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the xmas holidays I bought some Lindt Chocolate boxes and gave them away xmas day walking around Bowness park. It was fun to do. :)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Saturday we rode Fernie and had a beautiful blue bird day. Took off along the pipeline just past the wranglers cabin, and about 2 miles down the pipeline found some guys that were pulling a dead sled up one of the big hills. We stopped to help, and recognised one of the guys as my buddy had just bought a sled from him.
After finding out they were staged at corbin, we agreed to help them out. Slednecks11 went with the guys son back to our truck, drove him to corbin so he could get their truck, and led the other guys with the dead sled back to Fernie, so they didn't have to drag it all the way back to corbin.

sent from a phone

jevs28

Reaction score
christmas eve, 4 pm, standing in a chaotic line up in safeway. the debit machines were not working at all. i happened to have checks in my wallet, so i paid the bill of the guy ahead of me. although i knew him so it doesnt really count cause hes paying me back, but still felt good, and he appreciated it! :)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ive been there! buying baby food and had no money or cards the man behinde me knew of me and paid my $20 bill... i was super gratful to say the least! good on ya girl! love ya

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Standing inline at timmies,the guy infront of me asked if there was a can. tire near by,I said no its way on the other
side of town.I asked what he was after,turns out he was working on a new construction site by timmies and his
truck was dead on the road.I followed him over there with my truck and hooked up my booster cables to get him
going.I figured out his alternator wasnt charging and gave him the name and add.of a local shop that could rebuild it
for less than buying one.After we got his battery charged and his truck off of the road,he opened his wallet,dug around
and pulled out a $10 bill that was folded up and hid away.I said I dont want your money bud. I went to my truck to get
tools to start taking his alternator off,but he said dont bother he had relatives in town that were coming over to help
later.Everything he owned was in the cab of that truck,he was sleeping in it on job sites from the sound of it.
Super nice guy,just down on his luck a little.I felt good being able to heplout a small amount.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to bring this back today. Was driving on Country Hills Blvd and saw a cop with his lights on and I immediately thought, man I hate when people stop like that when a cop pulls them over. Well driving up beside them turned out the cop was helping a woman change a flat tire. Warmed my heart so much. I turned into the nearest Tim Horton's, got two coffee's and ran them back to them. Figured they would use a warm drink after being in the cold.

Have a great weekend all! :D :beer:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At princess auto the other day big line up I was in huge hurry but that's the way it goes. I only had a small item. A grand dad and grand son in front of me, which they didn't have much more than me. Said you go first we're kind of slow! I took his offer and while I was paying I noticed boxes of chocolate covered almonds and chocolate bars for a fund raiser for the Boy Scouts. Bought one of each for the pair now behind me. Not sure who was happier the little boy or grand dad!! Or me for that matter. The girl at the till was amazed at all of us!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The usual stuff helping the neighbours, pulling guys out giving them gas. But my brother was out seeing what his new 4x4 could do, plowing the snow up to and passed the doors on a 20k side road. At the end of the road he seen a white lump... it was a car!! Husband, wife and baby. The guys asks him what are you doing out here with the snow this deep... he was more than happy. wiffey however was very quiet and teary eyed.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a year ago an older gentleman run out of gas out by Busby/Westlock. He was on the side of the road and no one was stopping so I pulled over and told him to hop in. Drove him to Westlock (about a 20 min drive), bought him a 5 gallon jerry can worth of gas and took him back to his truck. I heard his whole life story within that time frame, he gave me advice on women (apparently french descended women are the way to go according to this little frenchman haha). He then insisted that I come meet his girlfriend since he was so happy that someone stopped and helped him out in a time of need.

Another RAOK that I've done was a couple of years ago. A guy had posted on a cummins forum that I'm on, that he was at his wits end with his older dodge cummins to get it running right. I went out to his place and from what he had told me, there wasn't a lot of cash coming in since his wife was in school and he was on his Veteran's pension. He needed this truck to get around and it was his only daily driver aside from his wife's tacoma that she used to go to school and work. Whether he had money or not, I refused payment so instead he fed me and gave me beer. This worked out great, he's an amazing cook and I like to eat so I was always happy to see what new recipe he had come up with. It took a few nights but we got the truck running great and since then I've become really good friends with him.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave a guy on the street 60 dollars for a bus ticket (hard luck storey). I wrote down my address for him to mail me the money back ...he never did.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave a guy on the street 60 dollars for a bus ticket (hard luck storey). I wrote down my address for him to mail me the money back ...he never did.

Been there done that seemed like the guy was genuine. Some people.......

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throughout all of December, whenever I go through a drive through, I pay for the person behind me as well. Just to get spirits up a little if they're feeling down. I never know who they are, and will never know their story, but it makes me feel better.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Reason I will never give cash. I will buy food, gas, coffee, whatever they are "supposedly" in need of. But NEVER cash. If guys are begging for money and I'm in my vehicle I typically just hand them food or a bottled drink if I have some on hand.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throughout all of December, whenever I go through a drive through, I pay for the person behind me as well. Just to get spirits up a little if they're feeling down. I never know who they are, and will never know their story, but it makes me feel better.

I did this once at a Mc Donald's while working in Regina. I could hear what he was ordering as I was paying for my meal. I told the girl I was paying for his meal as well. I told the girl to say to him lunch was on the Albertan that was in the rental car in front of him. Had to give us a little plug :)

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up someone walking along the highway with a jerrycan. Was a 67 year old guy. Took him to the gas station down the highway, asked him if he wanted a ride back. Said he wanted to have lunch at the restaurant there, so he could charge up his cell then get gasoline and leave. Was kinda strange, but he was happy and said that I did my good deed for the day! Had a nice chat with him as we travelled down the highway.

Top Bottom