Random Acts of Kindness

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey let's start spreading some good karma! Do a random act of kindness for someone you don't know and post what you did up! :)

Make someone's day! :beer:

Last random act of kindness that I can remember was shoveling both my neighbors walk cause I was already out there and on a roll!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last RAOK (Random Act of Kindness) I received was at Tim's when I was short $$ and their debit was down so the guy behind me bought me my Hot chocolate. :)

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when im in a resteraunt i like to pick out an older couple and buy their meal just as a way to say thanks to the generation before me and then i leave before the waitress tells them that i paid for them.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when im in a resteraunt i like to pick out an older couple and buy their meal just as a way to say thanks to the generation before me and then i leave before the waitress tells them that i paid for them.

Wow! That is amazing. That is taking a RAOK to a whole new level. Good on you. You are an amazing guy! Good karma for you!

I am blown away by that. Great idea!

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
I don't know if our random kind of acts help any particular person, but it teaches my kids, and makes me feel better lol

Since I have 6 kids, every spring we load them up in the truck and give them each a garbage bag and we pick a spot and get them to do a garbage clean up. In the begining they hated it, but now its just become something we do....and we reward them in the end so they like that. Plus I don't ever hear "here mom toss this wrapper out the window" while driving anywhere anymore either!!

They even have a contest to see who can fill there garbage bags first LOL

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 8000# winch on the front of my truck, and have used it to pull my fair share of people out of things. Beats the snot out of digging or pushing.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im doing spring clean-ups right now and this elderly couple have a million dollar chunck of land but a tinny cabin......they have been there since 1952 she said.....you can tell they are not ritch, but bought the place when it was so cheap back in the 50's.....I know the taxes are killing them......it is just not fair how the government is pushing them off their land....they drive a 87 honda so you can say they just get by! so I cut their grass for peanuts but the shocker to her was when I said I will do the spring clean up this year.....she was all worried on how much......I said dont worry about the price....I will do it for no charge......you can see she was so greatfull........old people are a different generation than what this world is now!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drove the wifes polaris back to the truck and let her drive my doo when her clutch was giving issues. does that count?:d:d:d

i did let her ride a doo.:beer:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago i was in line at the bottle depot , and the line was not moving to fast . so i unloaded my bottles out side and gave them to the 1st kid on a bike that came by ..... he looked like he could use the money more than me ... about $60 or $70 bucks worth doe's that count

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Living on a farm near Sherwood Park and Edmonton we all carry things like shovels, tow ropes and when it's 30 below we never leave without winter clothes....

We pull out on average 15 people out of the ditches each winter, most not wearing are warm gear, and one kid got nervous when he asked how much it would cost him if I pulled him out, the answer was lots.....

One learn from this and start carrying winter gear with you and two stop and help someone ie repay the kindness....he started to say that his car couldn't pull someone out....when my son said, maybe not, but you could drive them somewhere or let them use your phone help change a tire or just stopping lets people know you care....

It made me feel could hearing it from my kid, he actually does listen.....

Stopped the winter before last, a Denali pickup was parked on the left side of a two lane, 4 way flashers on and jack under the bumper...

A young mother couldn’t get her spare off to change the tire, it was 35 below and 11:00 on a Saturday night.....she had been waiting over an hour with two young kids, no winter coats or boots. They did have a DVD they were watching.....

Typical GM spare tire crank seized, fancy 20” rims with low profile tires just popped off the bead….so after trying to get the spare off, I said I think I have a tire and rim that would fit her truck on the farm, left looked and could find it…..came back tried again and then came up with “ I’ll take the tire and rim to the farm and re-mount the tire….”

I was greeted with the following” Would I leave some cash with her so I don’t steal her tire and rim”
It’s now 1:00 in the morning, I looked at her and said “ really “ either you want my help or not…..
Came back with the tire remounted and bolted it up started walking away and she asked” How much do you want…..mind was thinking of all kinds of answers but just said Merry Christmas …..

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself & The Mrs. were in line at Safeway ( red deer ) and the fellow in front of us was in a wheel chair and his hands were not right, he couldn't get his debet card to work......so the cashier said he would have to leave his groceries......We told the cashier we would pay for them ( only $ 25.00 ) that fella was so happy.......it made us feel good all day ! :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Some amazing incredible stories! I love hearing how kind people can be. I for sure agree in repaying kindness when someone does it to you for sure.

I must say that when I got into sledding I had no idea the sense of community in it. I absolutely love how if someone is stuck, you help, someone has their hood up or stopped alone on the trail, you make sure they are ok and if someone breaks down there is never a shortage of people willing to help out. Thanks to all the sledders out there that continue this trend. :beer:

I am sooo happy and thankful I got into this sport. Most sledders are amazing people.

Last edited:

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stop and help peeps broke down whenever I see them. I always stop and ask no matter what!! About 3 weeks ago after I went to go creep on the farm we are buying we decided to take a detour through the rez and there was a broke down chev. HOnda gurl was wit me and we stopped. We only let them use the phone and they were very thankful. But the looks on their face when I stopped and got out to help was priceless. i dont think they see many white strawberry blonde woman around!! Hahaha but really it is sad because I have been broke down a numerous occations and 4 outta 5 times its an Indian stopping to help! It may have something to do with the very large Native population in my area idk?? :beer:

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Last summer we were out for a family drive, which we do quite regularily. We had Ricky's work truck and the kids, and along with us was my inlaws in there truck and more of our kids lol. Here we are driving down back roads touring and out in the middle of no where (and I mean way in the bush miles away from the highway) we come across two guys walking with guns.....now I was a little concerned about stopping with them carrying rifles....but we did. Turns out they got there truck really stuck and had been walking for a while towards the highway. We told them to hop on in, took them to there truck, where we pulled them out. They offered us a drink and were so glad for the help.....the one guy said that god for surely sent us because they had been walking forever and hoping someone would come along!!

The sad part is....they told us that a guy had come along earlier and decided that he could not pull out there truck and just left.....I couldn't believe that he didn't even offer them a ride or anything....who could just leave two men sitting that far into the bush??

They were two very nice young men and had alot of thanks to us and were very grateful....they were not to impressed to get there gmc pulled out by my inlaws ford though lol....but it was worth a giggle....

All I know is if i were stuck I would sure appriciate the help!!!

Way to go to everyone on here who takes the time to help others....it seems to happen less and less, but I am glad to see it does still happen!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to turn the page on this as well, and kick out a story of kindness that had happened to me.

Was touring Nova Scotia with my grilfriend at the time, the summer after highschool. We were late getting to long island where we had a whale watching tour booked the next day, set up camp behind a church and woke up with no real plan of how to get there. We through out the thumbs and caught a ride from people headed to the same tour we were booked on. Thanked them for the ride, ate lunch/breakfast and hopped on the tour. On the way back we were doing the same attempts to catch a ride. We got in with an older couple who took us off the island, all the way back to the mainland (Digby) where they then learned that neither of us had tried lobster. They insisted on taking us out, treating us to lobster before we parted ways. We tried to offer something but they would have none of it. One of the good memories from that trip.

Since then, I make a point of it to pick up as many hitch hikers as I can, but I have yet to buy one dinner. :d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at costco today, this elderly lady was standing beside me with her pop it had no lid, I was standing in the way beside the lids, so i grabbed one and handed it to her before grabbing myself a lid.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well like I Said in the pay it forward thread myself and wife take donated to us clothing to bring to Mexico and hand out to the families who have little to nothing.

I own my own company and have done several free jobs for people that I don't know. Like once I was called because their stove didn't work. Opened up the panel found loose wires. Tightened them up and closed up the panel. They asked how much( minimum hour chArge out) I noticed they looked like they didn't have much and it was a few days before x mas. So I said merry Xmas and left.

Found a wallet with a cash in it. Opened up found some ID and tracked him down through the phone book. Called him no answer. Ao I dropped it off in the mail box since his address was on his ID.

Pulled many ppl out of the ditch.

Just to name a few

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Even though it seems small it's great! I think people forget about the little things you should do for people just as a common courtesy. Hold the door for someone if they are walking in or out a building, say hello if someone's looking at you, ask if someone needs help with their groceries...it seems like these things more and more aren't the norm. Let's bring it back!

Mattiac: I went to Cuba with a friend and did a similar thing. Bringing soaps, shampoo, clothes, candy and little toys for people we met along the way. It was great.

Actually reminds me, when I was in Bali Indonesia I was fortunate enough to make friends with a man named Wayan that worked at the hotel. We both got on scooters one day he was off work and he brought me all around the island and I even had the pleasure of meeting his beautiful family. He brought me to their family complex where I met his wife, kids, grandparents, parents, everyone. We sat around well into the evening had a fire, they shared their home with me, told stories, gave me food, drink, it was absolutely incredible. I'll never forget how kind they were.

My favorite picture of Wayan and his son. I made sure to send them books and goodies from the Rockies since they have never seen anything like it before.

Attachments

• Bali Trip 226.jpg
    Bali Trip 226.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 269

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was on the receiving end and have made a good friend.....

Was a single parent of two and between Christmas and New years about 9 years ago, I(not a good snow year) I ventured out to the Ram Falls area with our fifth wheel and quad trailer …..and a great couple of days then headed home towards Nordegg….went across one of the many little bridges and wound up with two flat tires one the passenger side of the truck….

Got it up to the top of the hill, pulled over, and when I saw both tires going flat, I headed for the tool box to get the plug kit, before all the air was gone……oops the plug kit got left at home….

Changed the back tire and then, jumped on the quads and headed towards a logging camp I remembered seeing….found a guy but he didn’t have a spare chevy tire, so he gets on the radio and finds a logger still working that has a 99 chev ours was 2000. The camp guy drives us in, we pick up the spare, I offer to leave him some cash, our plan was to get into Rocky and buy or fix our tire…..so he just said leave his tire there and he’ll pick it up later…
Was very grateful for all the help….

Buddy drops us off and leaves, I put the tire on, only to find out the rims are different, took me 2 hours to get it off the caliper…….
It’s dark now so we camp on the road……next morning I take the spare quad back to camp as our other quads were left in the camp, kids and the dog stayed in the trailer…..

Had to wake up buddy, who decided to start the celebration without us and passed out, so he volunteers to go back pick up the kids and the dog, drive us into Rocky, buys us lunch while we wait, drives us back to the truck, waits this time to make sure were mobile, then follows us all the way back to Rocky…..tried to buy the guy dinner and we wound up at his place and his wife cooked us dinner….

Turns out he’s a bit of a hard ass and something changed, have met several of the guys that work for him and they couldn’t believe he did that for us….

I know we were sure glad to have met him…..

Top Bottom