Random Acts of Kindness

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my six year old to McDonald's today, for some ice cream. He wasn't very happy about the goings on of the day, so I figured it might cheer him up. While we were there, an old guy was limping around, not looking so good. Figured he might be way down on his luck, the way he looked. He poked around the restaurant for a bit, then headed outside and proceeded to dig through the garbage cans. Figured for bottles. When we were done, I walked over to the old chap, and said "That's a tough way to make a living, brother!" He said "I'm really hungry." I then gave him some money. Huge smile on his face then. Hopped in my car, drove over to him and gave him a fresh bran muffin. He was pretty happy. As we drove away, my son asked me what I gave him. I told him, then he asks me why I did that. In short, I told my son it makes you feel good to do something selfless for someone else. Could see the wheels turning in his head!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
~Rowdy~ sending me some private pictures of her?:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once saved a camel, in North Africa

Well we got lost in the desert on the way to the rig and ended up going down the wrong road, we came up to another empty rig site and this camel was laying there first camel I had ever seen. So like the Canadians that we are we pull out our cameras and start taking pictures. Then i notice that coming out from underneath this camel as its laying there is a bunch of number 9 wire, and its about 1000 ft long and it had been dragging it while it was all wrapped up and cutting into its one back leg. So I figure we go find the rig and get some side cutters and we will come back to cut the wire off of it. So that what we do...went to the rig worked 8 hours then went back to the camel it was still in the same spot and very fatigued. So none of the guys would help me so I went up and pushed the camel on its side as its trying to bite me...and I start cutting this wire off its leg while everyone else was taking picture..lol...all the while its trying to bite me so it was a little weird. I got the wire cut off and roll the camel back up on to its legs...and the bugger stood right up tired to bite me again then walked off.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loaded up a 270 komatsu for a 5 km bush location move this morning, and even chained it down.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=teeroy;1168386]I loaded up a 270 komatsu for a 5 km bush location move this morning, and even chained it down.

:eek::eek::eek::nopics::eek::eek: just sayin

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I showered after kick boxing. I think thats a RAOK towards my coworkers. Just sayin...

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post Rowdy,

I can't beat the saving a camel story, but here is my RAOK story.

About 10 yrs ago me and a buddy were driving- winter time, blizzard, snowing, big snow banks in the city on the road sides.
As we are driving I says to buddy "look at this drunk f'in retard stumbling on top of the snow bank" as we drive by we look over and see it is some blind guy with his cane who has lost his way. Buddy keeps driving to his house about a 1/2 block away (we did not stop to help him). I'm like we have to go back there and make sure that guy is alright. We turn back and by the time we get there someone else has already stopped and helped the guy out.

Since that day I have always felt like a big POS and said thats why I will be going to hell. Stupid young punk move back then, and its always bugged me.

So this spring, I'm driving along and see this kid in a wheelchair stuck in some snow on the sidewalk. I did not even hesitate to instantly pull over and give the chair a tug and help out. Still does not make up for the blind guy incident, but to this day it really pulls on the heart strings when I see anyone with a disability struggling and I will go out of my way to help them out knowing how lucky I am to not have to struggle daily like they do, doing things we take for granted.

Thats my story.

sassymudbug

Reaction score
I don't have any great stories, but I regularly pay for the peoples order behind me in the Timmies drive thru, and we have pulled out just about every vehicle that we have come across that is stuck. Our philosophy is that you never know when one day you will need help and if we always help others then they are more likely to help someone else in return and that could be me one day.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was going to give this old woman limping across the intersection the airhorns, but i didnt!! man doing good deeds feels great.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post Rowdy,

I can't beat the saving a camel story, but here is my RAOK story.

About 10 yrs ago me and a buddy were driving- winter time, blizzard, snowing, big snow banks in the city on the road sides.
As we are driving I says to buddy "look at this drunk f'in retard stumbling on top of the snow bank" as we drive by we look over and see it is some blind guy with his cane who has lost his way. Buddy keeps driving to his house about a 1/2 block away (we did not stop to help him). I'm like we have to go back there and make sure that guy is alright. We turn back and by the time we get there someone else has already stopped and helped the guy out.

Since that day I have always felt like a big POS and said thats why I will be going to hell. Stupid young punk move back then, and its always bugged me.

So this spring, I'm driving along and see this kid in a wheelchair stuck in some snow on the sidewalk. I did not even hesitate to instantly pull over and give the chair a tug and help out. Still does not make up for the blind guy incident, but to this day it really pulls on the heart strings when I see anyone with a disability struggling and I will go out of my way to help them out knowing how lucky I am to not have to struggle daily like they do, doing things we take for granted.

Thats my story.

I can..... ~Rowdy~ sending me naughty pictures of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once saved a camel, in North Africa

...and the bugger stood right up tired to bite me again then walked off.
I was bombing down the highway a couple of hours ago and thinking about your camel incident and it reminded me of another "unappreciated" random act of kindness....

some years ago a buddy and I were early spring fishing on a small stocked trout lake a few miles west of town. we had a little 12' aluminum and an electric trolling motor, as we were trolling around a corner we could see something splashing around near shore. we got a little closer to see 2 swans, one was flopping around....someone had discarded a crapload of fishing line and it was badly tangled up and struggling to get free. so we decide we're gonna help this thing.

we get close and the other swan starts attacking us, musta figured we were going to hurt the tangled up bird. swans are huge up close, and apparently quite contankerous....so I'm fending off the attacking swan with a boat oar, and my buddy Dale grabs the other swan and struggles trying to get the line off. this huge bird is pissed and trying to bite and peck him. he decides the only way is to bring it in the boat.

he gets it out of the water, and struggles trying to keep the thing from pecking his eyes out. he gets it pinned, starts cutting line and this crazy fawking bird wrenches free, and drills him right in the face with it's beak....hit him so hard it knocked him silly and he fell backwards into the bow of the boat....the bird shakes off the rest of the line, knocking over tackleboxes and flinging ch!t around, then bails out, and they both swim away. I've never laughed so hard....Dale had a knot the size of a golf ball on his eyebrow.

I am laughing all over again. thanks for reminding me....:beer:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting dressed for work one morning, I see a moose standing on the road near our drive way. A fairly common occurance. A vehicle goes by, the moose goes into the ditch, then right back on the road. I thought this was a little odd. When I got into my truck and got closer I seen why she was not leaving. Her calf was caught up in our barbwire fence. Went to jump over and got her 2 front legs between the top and 2nd wire. The rest of it went over the top and cats assed her legs. Stop and get a little closer, yep, it's still breathing. So without any "what's the worst that could happen" type thought process, I went to the tack shed got some stuff. The cow was keeping her distance and I went over to the calf and put on a pony halter and attached a lead shank, cut the wires and proceeded to drag it across the paddock where I tied it to a tree, with the intent of stitching up the deep cuts on the calf moose'es legs. Had just gotten a half hitch onto the tree when calfy jumps up and lets out a waa,waa. HOLY CAMOLY are mother moose protective. She chased me right to the house. OKAY, now what the fawk do I do with a calf moose tied to a tree in my front pasture. So I wake up my wife and after MUCH convincing, some laughter, and a few what the fawk were you thinking's, she came out and helped me. It took a while and many near death attemps, but with her at the wheel of my truck, and me with a knife, we would try to keep the mom at bay with the truck while I would get out and try and cut the halter off. Scared as hell, you think I could hit the same cut twice. Finally got it free. They lived happily ever after.

I love moose steak.
The End

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy great story...and I would be laughing too, in fact I am!:d..Animals never a thanks involved!..but they are good for some great stories...like this one time in Band Camp!..you get the idea,:d:beer:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koby..that's a wicked story!:d:beer:...These kinds of stories need to get to the news to show that the sledding community is a pretty special group, half crazy but special in that tree hugger, animal over, and help your neighbor kind of way!...unless your neighbor's cattle free graze your front lawn..lol!:d

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a wallet with cash and cards in it, outside Millenium Place, in Sherwood Park, the other day. Took it to the front desk. Hopefully the owner returns for it. Lost my wallet once. It's not fun to deal with!

Top Bottom