RAM ECO Diesel mileage

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally got the RV out of storage. And the Eco diesel did not disappoint me in the power department. I would have to say it pulled my RV as well or better than the 05 duramax I had. That 8 speed transmission just works amazing. Can't remember what my f350 did for mileage pulling the camper but reset it to zero at the beginning of trip and avg 20.8 L/100 km. Had maybe a bit more sag than the duramax but handled it quite well. My trailer pulls like crap to begin with as the axles are almost centered and gets a bit of a wiggle sometimes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 245

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Raptor with a 6.2L gets the same mileage pulling my trailer I'd say eco diesel is not so eco

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Raptor with a 6.2L gets the same mileage pulling my trailer I'd say eco diesel is not so eco

Last tank I avg 8.8L/100 km. which is 95% of my driving. I will accept being as good as a Raptor.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for those interested but would never buy a dodge product gm is said to release a half ton diesel with 2.8l duramax in there 2016 line up

cool and it will be in the shop with 15 recalls within the first month of ownership. Gm is a joke.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Nissan at all, especially the Titan. But it will have a 5.0l cummins engine with 300hp and 500ft/lbs torque. I like those numbers better then the rams. Gm is making a 2.8l Duramax but it will be going into the canyon and colorado trucks, not a half ton.

dodge worked with cummins to design that 5.0L. it costs the same amount as the 6.7L to produce so dodge went for the Italian motor.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a 14 1500 5.7 with 8 speed he says he's getting 13/100 average, seems dodge are shedding the chitty fuel mileage legacy.

my 2010 with 34s and a 2.5" lift and 6 speed gets 15-16 l/100 km....

Billydozer56

Reaction score
With all my tax dollars the government gave to dodge, I should get a free dodge pick up.I really like this eco-diesel, this is one of those companies that put this country in a lot of hurt. Anyone on here with a small business plan to get bailed out by our government if you run it into the ground?

Btw my 2010 F-150 gets 12/100km on the highway
Cheers

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all my tax dollars the government gave to dodge, I should get a free dodge pick up.I really like this eco-diesel, this is one of those companies that put this country in a lot of hurt. Anyone on here with a small business plan to get bailed out by our government if you run it into the ground?

Btw my 2010 F-150 gets 12/100km on the highway
Cheers

My 9 employees will find jobs. The 51,623 chrysler employees probably would have not all found equal paying jobs.

also your precious ford would have needed bailout if the others didnt get it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-09/ford-would-have-shut-without-auto-bailouts-rattner-says.html

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big question is how long will it take for Chrysler to nearly bankrupt Fiat like it did to Mercedes. Let's face it, with only a few profitable lines of vehicles, it won't be long before Chrysler is in financial trouble again. They'll suck any new technology out of Fiat they can. It's a marriage of two auto makers with a reputation for poor build quality and low resale. That Eco diesel pickup with the 8 speed and the rear air suspension with their associated electronics will turn into a warranty nightmare. Chrysler isn't known for its long term electrical reliability. Watch and see.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big question is how long will it take for Chrysler to nearly bankrupt Fiat like it did to Mercedes. Let's face it, with only a few profitable lines of vehicles, it won't be long before Chrysler is in financial trouble again. They'll suck any new technology out of Fiat they can. It's a marriage of two auto makers with a reputation for poor build quality and low resale. That Eco diesel pickup with the 8 speed and the rear air suspension with their associated electronics will turn into a warranty nightmare. Chrysler isn't known for its long term electrical reliability. Watch and see.

What? You think dodge is bad for electrical reliability! You never been around any type of gm made vehicle have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy's Dodge 3/4 ton has a ton of electrical issues its a 2013 and its been a lemon since new

Billydozer56

Reaction score
They all build lemons it seems, show me any truck thats been junk from the word go, and I can probably show you the same truck that been built proof, and vice versa. Sorry to highjack the thread back there. I hope your truck gives you years of good service.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all build lemons it seems, show me any truck thats been junk from the word go, and I can probably show you the same truck that been built proof, and vice versa. Sorry to highjack the thread back there. I hope your truck gives you years of good service.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled my 26' enclosed tool trailer today for the first time, 16L/100 km. pulled it very well,a lot less wind resistance than my RV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 206

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neat that the truck runs 9.5l/100 but I priced out a gas vs ecoD and about crapped, Obviously dealers have a better supply of 5.7s than ecoD's was $12,000 more for a Laramie vs Laramie. Hopefully a year or two down the road it's closer to 5k. Buddy says his 8 speed 5.7 averages 13/100.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neat that the truck runs 9.5l/100 but I priced out a gas vs ecoD and about crapped, Obviously dealers have a better supply of 5.7s than ecoD's was $12,000 more for a Laramie vs Laramie. Hopefully a year or two down the road it's closer to 5k. Buddy says his 8 speed 5.7 averages 13/100.

Thats what i was afraid of. $12,000 is alot of fuel over 5 years of purchase payments.

If mileage is your thing the 3.6 gas is just as good and quicker than the ecodiesel stock.... And is far cheaper. Only issue is biggest fanciest with a 3.6 is a quad cab slt. No laramie, longhorn or limited.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test drove one and was impressed. With their rebates right now it was $46k plus tax for a Bighorn package and he acted like he could do a bit better than that.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test drove one and was impressed. With their rebates right now it was $46k plus tax for a Bighorn package and he acted like he could do a bit better than that.
Which dealership was that? That's pretty good.

Top Bottom