Radio?

Polarissleds6

Reaction score
Just wondering is there's such a thing as like a 3 way radio thing that we can wear in our helmets? Then we can communicate while we ride. Help would be appreciated.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. We had a couple of the really old ones of these about 15 years ago. They were voice activated and you could adjust the pick up volume so when you hit the throttle it wouldn't transmit. Worked well, but that was back when we were wearing closed face helmets. Speakers fit under the foam beside your ears, and a small microphone stuck in front of your mouth. I think the new ones have bluetooth so you can have tunes going while no one is talking.

Welcome to ChatterBox USA - The Original Communicator

There is also this one:

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what I use. You can get them for pretty much any radio. The best feature is zero background noise, cuz it senses directly off your throat.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get some motorola cp200's, used are decently priced. Get a hand held mic and clip it on your pack strap. You keep the radio in your pack with the cord coming out. With this setup up you can talk to your partner without removing helmet or gloves. Just press the button and talk. With the volume up you can hear clearly what they are saying with your helmet on... These radios have a huge range and are commercial grade too.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GPS Central in Calgary, which also has a website had at least 6-8 different helmet communicators when I was in there last. Used more for street bike touring but would easily work for sledding I would think?

I don't know anything about these things, just happened to see them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom