Questions that need answers!!

mxracer14

Reaction score
I have sirius in my truck and love it. Never go without it now. I didnt go with a yearly subscription, Im on the monthly deal which is 11.95 for me and got the cheapest headset. On sale it was like $30 bucks, only downside to this unit is it doesnt record so you can playback or alert you to favorite bands/songs. But that wasnt really a problem for me and never lost 'service' with it yet.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Have had sirius radio for many many moons now........ New truck has built in, and very easy to use....... Too bad, we just chucked out the old portable sirius set-up...... Think might still have a portable docking station and extra antennaes etc for one........ Check with certified radio, as we get the dealer pricing on them all

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huge difference in reception from the satellites. Unless you only drive on the prairies, only get Sirius. I've had both portables, have had GM rental trucks with XM, and have Sirius built into my Ford. XM loses reception in tall trees, near buildings, and in steep valleys. gets worse the further you go north and in some parts of the Yukon, the XM didn't even pick up signal.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have Sirrius in my truck and car and we have a portable we take in the holiday trailer that has a docking station Courtney. The radio's in the vehicle were through Ford and I believe I pay $260 for a 3 year term. I like Sirrius better than the XM I used to have as the programming is more appealing to me.
WOW, I got my Sirius in my Chevy years ago and then transferred it to my ford and to the Canadian version then as well for $300.00 US for a lifetime membership and I have another radio as well. I guess they don't offer that deal anymore.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sirius in my truck and love it. Never go without it now. I didnt go with a yearly subscription, Im on the monthly deal which is 11.95 for me and got the cheapest headset. On sale it was like $30 bucks, only downside to this unit is it doesnt record so you can playback or alert you to favorite bands/songs. But that wasnt really a problem for me and never lost 'service' with it yet.

Does that just get billed to you monthly? That's a decent price actually, cheaper than I've been able to find.
Where did you get the radio itself from?

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had sirius radio for many many moons now........ New truck has built in, and very easy to use....... Too bad, we just chucked out the old portable sirius set-up...... Think might still have a portable docking station and extra antennaes etc for one........ Check with certified radio, as we get the dealer pricing on them all

Thanks old man... Was it still useable!?!?!??! And you threw it in the GARBAGE?!?!
I'll ahve to call Certified.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hey I got this head unit with antenna, mount everything you need for your truck...yours if you want Courtney

Looks like this

_SIRIUS.GIF

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does that just get billed to you monthly? That's a decent price actually, cheaper than I've been able to find.
Where did you get the radio itself from?

probably built into the vehicle, and then there are special rates

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last portable Sirius I bought was for my girlfriend and it was a boom box, car kit and reciever for $69.99 at Costco. I have factory XM in my Titan and it sucks for reception as mentioned above. The portable Sirius I have has been working for 2 years now, and I am on my last transfer with my "lifetime" plan I got back in 2004.

I probably won't renew the XM.

DDCups

Reaction score
last portable sirius i bought was for my girlfriend and it was a boom box, car kit and reciever for $69.99 at costco. I have factory xm in my titan and it sucks for reception as mentioned above. The portable sirius i have has been working for 2 years now, and i am on my last transfer with my "lifetime" plan i got back in 2004.

I probably won't renew the xm.

That is a good unit, especially if he's giving it to you. just buy the monthly/yearly plan from sirius and you're on the road

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this sarcasm??

Lmao. Sounds like an offer to me. Even if it is junk, what are you out? Its free the way he sounds. Not everyone in the world is a crook. There are some awesome people on S&M, but i dont need to inform you guys of that. You're all awesome with the exception of a handful. :eek:

Sent while not working too hard

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got sirius and a lifetime subscription 1 payment and I think it was about $600 and I can transfer it twice when the radio quits

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've been too busy and have hardly got time for S&M these days. Already 4 pages?????

Mine are built in as well and I listen to 3 channels; XM56, XM58, and XM59 as the rest are not to my liking. Driving around the rocks and heavy trees will cut out the signal but that is to be expected.

I would like a portable as well as those occasions seem to be coming more and more for some reason.

IMHO, XM or Sirius is like picking between Ford or GM, Doo or Poo, brunettes or blondes, MGD or Kokanee.........they will both give satisfaction and be a pretty good product!

Top Bottom