Questions that need answers!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been too busy and have hardly got time for S&M these days. Already 4 pages?????

Mine are built in as well and I listen to 3 channels; XM56, XM58, and XM59 as the rest are not to my liking. Driving around the rocks and heavy trees will cut out the signal but that is to be expected.

I would like a portable as well as those occasions seem to be coming more and more for some reason.

IMHO, XM or Sirius is like picking between Ford or GM, Doo or Poo, brunettes or blondes, MGD or Kokanee.........they will both give satisfaction and be a pretty good product!

Same channels I listen to. I like 58 the most.

I think comparing Sirius and xm is like comparing Chevy and GMC. Same chit, different smell.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Sounds like an offer to me. Even if it is junk, what are you out? Its free the way he sounds. Not everyone in the world is a crook. There are some awesome people on S&M, but i dont need to inform you guys of that. You're all awesome with the exception of a handful. :eek:

Sent while not working too hard

Nope you can have just sitting in the garage my satellite radios are built in

I asked if it was sarcasm because I wasn't sure if you were being serious that I could just have it! I'll definitely take you up on that offer though Murray!! I can't take it free though... Maybe a case of beer (TEA?) in exchange??
That's awfully nice of you!

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been too busy and have hardly got time for S&M these days. Already 4 pages?????

Mine are built in as well and I listen to 3 channels; XM56, XM58, and XM59 as the rest are not to my liking. Driving around the rocks and heavy trees will cut out the signal but that is to be expected.

I would like a portable as well as those occasions seem to be coming more and more for some reason.

IMHO, XM or Sirius is like picking between Ford or GM, Doo or Poo, brunettes or blondes, MGD or Kokanee.........they will both give satisfaction and be a pretty good product!

Hey now, THAT shouldn't be a difficult one around here... jklol

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I asked if it was sarcasm because I wasn't sure if you were being serious that I could just have it! I'll definitely take you up on that offer though Murray!! I can't take it free though... Maybe a case of beer (TEA?) in exchange??

Nope for free...when I'm out i'll drop at your dads shop

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
murray i would assume is used to giving things for free to try to lure in friends.....theres no way people put up with that guy for free

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Nope no friends....makes things easier that way

Hey I'm the guy who sells chit on kijiji or trade for x amount of cases of Smirnoff ice did good this year 6 dozen smirnoff of stuff that was useless to me but for FRIENDS if no good to me it's free I took the radio out of my old truck and figured at sometime someone will want one or I would put it in the camper but hey Courtney can use more than I will....so screw you guy :p

Oh And I have a mountain bike that need tires think it's a ccm good cond other than tires good for a kid to thrash or keep at the lake.... FREE ....for a friend all else dozen Smirnoff Ice....or perhaps buy me a drink or 2 at a future S&M event...i'm easy :)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sirius is the best. My xm in my truck Allways cuts out. Only time Sirius will is through the snow sheds in Rogers pass. Sirius all the way

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the plans and some were saying get a sub with a US address instead of Can, On the sites they are pretty much the same prices,.. Is it very different content?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my sirius stiletto. Not sure what xm is like now but i had both in a pick up a few years ago and the xm would cut out and the programming was not even close to sirius.

xpmaster

Reaction score
download slacker radio on your smartphone! carry it everywhere and you can skip songs!! way better than both

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have sirius for the past 10 years. Have it in the truck, jeep and trailer. Also great on the ipod through internet. Haven'tt read all the posts but from my experience don't bother using the FM modulator. You will get tired of it. Either spend the money and get a good aftermarket deck or make sure you have a deck that you can directly plug the radio into. The deck in the jeep is the stock sirius deck that they offer and the one in the truck is an aftermarket one. I prefer the aftermarket deck.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the plans and some were saying get a sub with a US address instead of Can, On the sites they are pretty much the same prices,.. Is it very different content?
I had an american address and account for my sirius radios since 2004. I kept it that way after 1/9/06 when Howard signed on because I was scared the CRTC would block his channels. I finally switched it over to Canadian this year and notice no real difference other than now I get CBC on channel 159.

to the debate as to which is better, sirius or xm....sirius all the way, hands down. I had the xm for one year and cancelled it, poor reception up north and in any terrain down south.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an american address and account for my sirius radios since 2004. I kept it that way after 1/9/06 when Howard signed on because I was scared the CRTC would block his channels. I finally switched it over to Canadian this year and notice no real difference other than now I get CBC on channel 159.

to the debate as to which is better, sirius or xm....sirius all the way, hands down. I had the xm for one year and cancelled it, poor reception up north and in any terrain down south.

i was talking with a sales guy at certified or visions and he said the two canadian companies are planning to merge this fall/winter and when they do they will use the xm network. i guess it is stronger and more secure, then again they have to sorta follow what the american company does as its their equiptment. the canadian companies just buy the programing. not sure how much truth there is to that

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been with XM now for about 6 years and i love it. never had a serius so i cant compare.. especially like the O & A show (opie & anthony)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both Sirius and XM, well I had both, I just cancelled the XM a few weeks ago. The XM simply doesnt have the coverage that Sirius does, the satellite is to low in the sky for us notherners and I often lost reception.

The only reason I kept the XM as long as I did was for the NHL package, god I hope Sirius gets that soon for us Canadians.

Top Bottom