Question On River Boat

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a new boat. Can a person run in fairly skinny water with a custom weld cobra se with a uhmw bottom?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What degree of bottom? With uhmw you should be good if you go to skinny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Deer river and tributaries, this year is pretty shallow, north sask, Athabasca river, nothing ridiculous. Would like to make the run sometime from Whitecourt to Hinton. Not wet gravel. But sometimes mistakes can be made.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
069.jpg 070.jpg

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or F ups. Took a bit of time to get her out.Was not the driver or navigator, just a passenger that was riding in the back of the boat, that some how got relocated to the front of the vessel fairly quickly.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 21ft storm that weighs about 4000lbs that I have run over about 6" for about 30m without a problem. Have to remember that yes these boats will run in very little water depth you still need a large volume to go through your pump and also that amount ahead of you to keep going and I only takes one larger rock to bring the whole situation to a halt. Cobra is a very nice boat, let us know how the purchase goes.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It has an 8.1 litre engine with a hamilton pump. I am not familiar with the hamilton pumps at all. Had an AT 309 in the old boat.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It has an 8.1 litre engine with a hamilton pump. I am not familiar with the hamilton pumps at all. Had an AT 309 in the old boat.
If you're used to the white pump you will really like the grey pump.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 20 foot cobra and I can run really skinny I have a high caliber tunnel hull tho so with the 8 degree bottom paired up it does really well!! I am a bit jealous you have the 8.1L tho that is a perfect combo for these boats!!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spent the weekend on skinny water and I am by no means a expert on the river. Tagged bottom a couple times but no dents. Shallow with small round river rock is different then shallow with sharp bed rock.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a perfect combo for that boat, it will work vary well. You will need UHMW for sure, NSR and athabee no problems red deer maybe not so much. I had a 21 foot storm before my firefish and loved it, call Jamie at high caliber for the uhmw if you decide to buy it.

Top Bottom