Looking for skinny nasty water in Western Canada

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the Elk River and Blaeberry were closures as well as Kicking Horse? Anything upstream of Donald on the Columbia is closed?

Any update?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the Elk River and Blaeberry were closures as well as Kicking Horse? Anything upstream of Donald on the Columbia is closed?

Any update?

Columbia is closed for power boats.

As far as I know blueberry and kicking horse are still good to go. Obviously access to these rivers off the Columbia would not happen. That said for the blaeberry you need to put in above the water fall, anything downstream is not worth the boat. Kicking horse is the same deal, put in above the 10mile rest stop or upstream and good to go, look out for rafts ;)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Columbia is closed for power boats.

As far as I know blueberry and kicking horse are still good to go. Obviously access to these rivers off the Columbia would not happen. That said for the blaeberry you need to put in above the water fall, anything downstream is not worth the boat. Kicking horse is the same deal, put in above the 10mile rest stop or upstream and good to go, look out for rafts ;)

This guy looks like hes running a raft with an out board on it?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy looks like hes running a raft with an out board on it?
Yea it’s an outboard jet typically. I got a couple buddies with similar setups. There a lot of fun and very versatile for skinny water.

Typically there flat bottom boats Vs a ‘V’ style. Most draft the same water depth.

Buddy runs one with his 4seater SXS, loads it on the roof. Pretty cool for access locations.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stryker boat maybe? Theyre Russian made I believe?

I was wondering how a 12’ mini would do or a 17’ SJ…

I’d like a gravel boat one of these days. I have the fast one and the big one now… just need the SXS on water.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it’s an outboard jet typically. I got a couple buddies with similar setups. There a lot of fun and very versatile for skinny water.

Typically there flat bottom boats Vs a ‘V’ style. Most draft the same water depth.

Buddy runs one with his 4seater SXS, loads it on the roof. Pretty cool for access locations.

My dad might get one for fishing in the river. they look alright. pricey for what they are though.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the rivers are skinny here in the foothills,the Stryker looks about perfect for them. Use the Thunder Jet for the Athabasca and the Stryker for the Mcleod, Berland, Hay,Pinto ,Gregg rivers… 🤔.

Top Bottom