Best Options for Cross Over Lake-River Boat

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Anything else he should know or just call a dealer.

He lives in Vernon and Kingfisher fabricates there but I don’t see many of them around here and not sure how high end they fabricate.

They’re cookie cutter boats. Nice boats. Love my 1775 but not custom. Just stay away from the x9 with the eco boom

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be looking south of the border, Custom Weld, Hills Canyon or something similar, especially if looking for bigger rivers and more likely a 12deg hull.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be looking south of the border, Custom Weld, Hills Canyon or something similar, especially if looking for bigger rivers and more likely a 12deg hull.

More options there for sure. Mostly shallow water boats here.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s not looking for a big river rapids boat. He’s 65 and looking to cruise lakes and bigger slow moving rivers.

Some luxury for him and the wife with stereo and chill on a beach.

I might be asking the wrong crowd for advice. 😂

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a nice looking river boat. Lots of room for speakers

ck_7306_BelleHighRescbboarding.jpg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason rapids keeps getting brought up is because those boats are better at handling the chop and rough water, like found on a lake if the wind picks up.

A lake boat and shallow water jet boat are opposite things, a lake boat has a deep vee to cut through the waves, a jet boat a near flat bottom to run in shallow water. A boat designed for the white water on the big rivers is about as close to a happy medium as you are going to find.

I can assure you running 30 miles in 2ft waves in an 8 degree jet boat is not an experience you are going to want to repeat.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NRB_BoatProfile_Hard-Top.jpg

Does he want a hard top or??

The company that makes this is called Northern River. They are out of Alaska. Not a jet boat, but sounds like he'll be in deeper water anyways.

They make jet boats too, though.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s not looking for a big river rapids boat. He’s 65 and looking to cruise lakes and bigger slow moving rivers.

Some luxury for him and the wife with stereo and chill on a beach.

I might be asking the wrong crowd for advice. 😂
Bigger water is very deceiving and how it handles with different degrees of hull. Like mentioned in other comments the deg of hull will also affect lake chop. I had a 12deg and buddy ran a 10deg and was a world of difference even with small 1ft lake chop. The Canadian builders build some of the best skinny water boats hands down, but when it comes to big water or cross over boats the fellas down south kinda wrote the book. You can get the north river in a jet model and it's a great production boat, same with thunder jet, duck worth but for a real custom experience take a look at bentz, custom weld, HCM or there are even some great BWC still kicking around. For all things jet related check out mean chicken.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do a Custom weld if it was me, one of the best fit and finish out there. Take a look at the Storm and Wole sale trailer and marine have some in stock in Edmonton.

Top Bottom